Sign in to follow this  
calcutta86

Englewood, tressels, lemon bay

Hey guys I am taking a 4 day fishing trip down to englewood tomorrow and I haven't fished that area in over 10 years so I have no clue of what is hot down there right now, if there is bait anywhere, or anything really.. I am just asking for some tips while down there and maybe a few spots to hook up to a red or two and some snook.. Anything helps Thanks guys Chad

We were there a couple of weeks ago and bait everywhere. Caught 11 reds 27-28 inches in one spot. Caught Pompano and Spanish in Gasparila Pass. Launched out of Placida and went south to Wiggins Cr and fished that area. Just behind Sandfly Key many were netting bait. Straight across from Indian Mound Park, along the mangroves, you'll find snook as well as around the train trestle-heavy tackle and a grunt on the bottom will get monsters. Try the flats between Placida and Indian Mound for reds unless you want to work between Wiggins Cr and Turtle Bay. Between south Turtle Bay and the sandbar should hold big snook.

Hey guys I am taking a 4 day fishing trip down to englewood tomorrow and I haven't fished that area in over 10 years so I have no clue of what is hot down there right now' date=' if there is bait anywhere, or anything really.. I am just asking for some tips while down there and maybe a few spots to hook up to a red or two and some snook.. Anything helps Thanks guys Chad[/quote'] Lemon Bay is a sleeper. Not many boats/fisherman, easy to fish, and good fishing. IMO.