Sign in to follow this  
rip3618

Key West Tarpon Guide Help

I posted a similar topic a few months ago and appreciate the advice.I'm going on a family trip to Key West for 4 days in May. Three of us are going to book a charter and after much debate we've decided to book a tarpon trip. I'm reaching out to my fellow TOF members in hopes to get some good advice / recommendations on a guide. If any of you can point me in the direction of a decent guide I would greatly appreciate it. This is my first trip to The Keys and to say I'm super excited is a gross understatement! My only concern is that I might not come back home!

Capt Kyle Kelso with AllwaterCharters is another good one!

Good advice, CaptMike. Booked with Captain Kyle Kelso, what a good guy / guide! We spoke a few days before the trip and he gave me a heads up on what to expect. Got out early Wednesday morning and he immediately found the schools of Tarpon. With all the boats fishing the same schools it looked like a mini Boca Grand. But, Captain Kelso put us on them! We hooked 5 Tarpon in 1.5 hours and we were lucky enough to fight each fish with a handful of jumps! Absolutely awesome! My brother in law was lucky enough to get his tarpon to the boat so now he's got bragging rights, I'll never hear the end of it. After the bite turned off, Capt. Kelso put us on other fish which was great for my fianc