Sign in to follow this  
phil030

Show off your flys and tips (official thread)

Slow steady pulls produce a wake, short strips pull it under the surface and it pops back up to the top. I kind of like using a mix of pops and slow pulls, got blasted a few times during testing, but my prototype did not have a barb on the hook as I broke it off on accident making adjustments

Lookin good man, keep working with it! Sometimes I go back at what I've tied and give a little trim here and there haha

I do that time to time too, sometimes I'll find a fly that I tied a couple months ago and trim it some more

Here's a couple that have been working pretty well for me lately and a few others I've tied lately

Here's a couple I've fished a couple times and the head is made of deer belly hair with craft fur tail, on a SC15 1/0 hook with the black one with small head chain eyes and green one with lead eyes

post-169185-0-77742200-1425322383_thumb.jpg

post-169185-0-78340900-1425322660_thumb.jpg

Here's a little crab on a SC15 size 1 hook with lead eyes, dubbing for body and Hackel for claws... A couple Tailing reds have liked it so far

post-169185-0-00057500-1425322769_thumb.jpg

This is the infamous B Lowmans "lucky fly". It's a pain to tie right, but he gave me his approval on this one LOL

post-169185-0-56165100-1425323037_thumb.jpg

I tell ya what boys, y'all keep posting these awesome looking flies and I'm bound to get into it one of these days. Hopefully once I buy this house, I'll  have some spare money left to pick up a beginners set up at BJs.

Phil, how does a 12 pack and a wide open back yard in cool Oldsmar sound to teach a buddy how to throw fly??? ;)

LMAO!!!! I can let you borrow one of my set ups to play with if you want! But yes, 12 cold beers and a big backyard will suffice for a good $12-15 (for the beer investment) lesson LOL!! Let me know bro!