Sign in to follow this  
scotttennant9876

Gheenoe, outboard and trailer WANTED

I have been searching for a Gheenoe Classic, Super 16 or LT25 for a few days and haven't had too much luck so far. Drove to Cocoa beach to look at one yesterday and it took the guy half an hour to get the motor started. There was that, and the trailer springs looked like they were rusted so bad I wouldn't make it home. I am not against the idea of piecing one together bit by bit.Anyone have a decent 10-25 hp outboard they want to get rid of? What about a small trailer that I could rig for a gheenoe? Gheenoe classic, super or lt?? Keep your eyes open for me. Phil and Ron have been doing so already and I really appreciate it.My budget I would prefer to keep to myself. If you have something I may be interested in, just send me a text of call me 561-271-3016. I will say that I cant afford to go buy a new classic with new outboard and new trailer. But I may be able to get one or two pieces new, if I get a deal on the other thing. Thanks for the help everybody!

I have been searching for a Gheenoe Classic' date=' Super 16 or LT25 for a few days and haven't had too much luck so far. Drove to Cocoa beach to look at one yesterday and it took the guy half an hour to get the motor started. There was that, and the trailer springs looked like they were rusted so bad I wouldn't make it home. I am not against the idea of piecing one together bit by bit.Anyone have a decent 10-25 hp outboard they want to get rid of? What about a small trailer that I could rig for a gheenoe? Gheenoe classic, super or lt?? Keep your eyes open for me. Phil and Ron have been doing so already and I really appreciate it.My budget I would prefer to keep to myself. If you have something I may be interested in, just send me a text of call me 561-271-3016. I will say that I cant afford to go buy a new classic with new outboard and new trailer. But I may be able to get one or two pieces new, if I get a deal on the other thing. Thanks for the help everybody![/quote']What's your budget? You can find good deals on a classic but an lt25 or a super will not be cheap at all.

Trailer's are only $650 new from Gheenoe which I don't consider to be too bad, since I just put almost $300 into an old jet ski trailer to make it fit another gheenoe.I'm assuming you're also looking on customgheenoe.com for one as well.

Ron, I PM'd you my budget. Dont like posting it, then if someone sees it and has something I want, they know what I have to spend already. I know an LT25 or super is pretty much out of the question, but I have still been looking. You never know, someone could be feeling generous.Phil was saying that I should definitely go with one of the wider transom 15'+ models, which narrows it down to the classic, super and lt25, doesn't it? He said I will want one of those for space and stability so it is comfortable fishing with my wife and I on there. I've never been in any gheenoe before, just drooled over some here and there.

Trailer's are only $650 new from Gheenoe which I don't consider to be too bad' date=' since I just put almost $300 into an old jet ski trailer to make it fit another gheenoe.I'm assuming you're also looking on customgheenoe.com for one as well.[/quote']I didn't realize they were so inexpensive from gheenoe. At that price I could go buy a new classic and trailer and search for a decent motor to put on it.Whats the minimum HP one would want for a classic. I have seen them with 9.9s, but the one i looked at yesterday had a 30 on it.

a new classic will be right around 2k.

Agreed...Add a $600 trailer, a used $5-600 engine or a little more depending on year and hp, and you have yourself a package just about what you looked at used on the web, worn out... Take the time, and save a little bit more to either jump on a sweet complete package or be able to piece it together as the deals come by. Which they will. Thank you for passing on those two on the east coast! I have to admit that the camo one looked really good in pictures... LOL pics don't lie right? Haha not! Anyways, we can help find a gem or help u piece one together Scott. Keep the horse in the stable and be ready to jump when the right deal(s) is there.

I would check this one out but my guess is that it's already sold.http://cfl.craigslist.org/boa/4375883830.htmlThis one looks good.http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/4433257350.htmlNew LT25 with trailer & you could add a motor. Crazy good deal at $3100.http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/4433900807.html

This looks really nice' date=' especially with the bimini top. You could always repower later and you would have a motor to sell.[/quote']Im going to stop by and look at this one today. I was looking for a wide transom model like a classic or lt, but I am going to check this one out. Seems a little overpriced.

Scott.......if it checks out okay I wouldn't hesitate to offer him about $2,500 and if he sticks to his price or close, then you haven't lost anything and may get a bargain. Good luck, bro!

This looks really nice' date=' especially with the bimini top. You could always repower later and you would have a motor to sell.[/quote']Im going to stop by and look at this one today. I was looking for a wide transom model like a classic or lt' date=' but I am going to check this one out. Seems a little overpriced.[/quote']A highsider is a great place to start and they are very easy to sell. You will be able to find a ton of them to chose from.This is a good deal too.http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/4430694584.html

Congrats Scott! That thing is gonna fly with a 15hp. You can build a trolling motor mount for under $15 with some angle aluminum and a 2x4 from Home Depot or you can buy one from skinny water solutions website.

Thanks guys, for the price I got it for, I basically got the motor for free- so I think it was a good deal. Those old Johnson/Evinrudes (the ones I have had at least) can't be killed. I had one for years when I was a kid that I never did ANY service on and it started in the first few pulls after every winter. Can't wait to get this thing on the water.