Sign in to follow this  
pickgrin

Got a nice snook Saturday

Fished ICW out of Dunedin Marina for just about 3 hours Saturday afternoon (5/10/14) with Tom. We didn't catch many - but I will always be happy with quality over quantity.post-1149-14121222631149_thumb.jpgpost-1149-14121222631364_thumb.jpgpost-1149-14121222631572_thumb.jpg35" - 14 lbsCaught with a freelined pinfish on a 2/0 hook. 10 lb line with 25 lb leader. It was quite the finesse job getting her in obviously. Was soooo good to hear the old Symetre scream like that on the 1st couple runs....

'Atta boy Mike!!!! That was a good pic that you sent me - made me want to go out the next day and try for myself, but no takers. Go figure, the day I nail that 36" Snook, there's TONS of boats around and the day I go out with no boats around, I catch a little rat Red. Oh well.........that's fishing I guess.

That is one fine looking snook, Mike! Congrats. Live pins freelined will catch just about anything. And putting them under a cork works well, too. Of course, a piece of ladyfish just lying out there with almost no tide movement and in the middle of summer works, too. Right, brother? lol

Thanks all. It was fun and challenging to catch. Decided to update my Avatar. The 41" snook was retired. 8 months was long enough. I'm just glad to finally catch an avatar worthy snook this year.