Sign in to follow this  
snookaholic

Chalk One Up For The FWC

I've been blowing up the FWC's phone the last 2 weeks because of activity in the Weedon Island area. A white skiff that says Cajun Bay or something similar to that has been running wide open in the no motor zone at Weedon. The guy running the skiff is another fly by night fishing guide in the complete googan outfit, the khaki pants, pfg shirt, and of course a buff. I have called them several times on this guy. Today a wave runner ran right in between our 2 boats that were fishing doing at least 50mph. A woman was driving and a man was sitting on the back. All 3 boats out there were screaming at them to stop . The wave runner got to a fourth boat and all the sudden we heard the sirens turn on.The wave runner kept going and then the FWC put it in high gear and they decided to stop. Instead of the deep drafting boat they usually use they had a flats type boat with a t-top today. You could hear cheers erupting all over the flats. They may not be there all the time but they were sure in the right place at the right time today. If you have any information on the white cajun whatever skiff please contact the Southwest regional office at 863-648-3200 .

A snazzy new avatar I see Barry. Glad to hear the idiot PWC driver got busted.Is the white skiff you are referring to the same dude we saw last week at Weedon that was running full in the NMZ - and then as soon as he saw us coming towards him - he cut the motor, jumped up on his platform and started poling and acting like he had been poling the whole time? LOL

A snazzy new avatar I see Barry. Glad to hear the idiot PWC driver got busted.Is the white skiff you are referring to the same dude we saw last week at Weedon that was running full in the NMZ - and then as soon as he saw us coming towards him - he cut the motor' date=' jumped up on his platform and started poling and acting like he had been poling the whole time? LOL[/quote']Yep . That's him. I've seen him 2 more times burning across the flats there since then and called 4 times trying to get them to come out. Apparently they set up today to catch him and got the waverunner. The lady that was running the wave runner lives back in shore acres and paddle right over our lines when I was on a trip last year. When I asked her to please go around she flipped me off. Karma sucks.

Nice.I see jerks like this almost every trip out.FWC should issue us all paintball guns to mark them up.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great idea, Mike. Wonder what the legal ramifications of that would be, lol.

Nice.I see jerks like this almost every trip out.FWC should issue us all paintball guns to mark them up.

Instead of a paintball gun, do you have a chum slinger??? Load that up with some split shots and "chum" right towards them. That'll get their attention.

:fishing02: They've been out at Miguel too. Last Saturday there was a guy out there checking everyone's fish bag. Happy to see Po Po on the water and at the landings.

:fishing02: They've been out at Miguel too. Last Saturday there was a guy out there checking everyone's fish bag. Happy to see Po Po on the water and at the landings.

DittoWhen I got back to the landing in Palmetto Point last weekend, there we at least 10 Redfish carcasses in the water. I've never seen a boat that could hold ten people launch at that landing.I would love to see people like that busted.

There is one that lurks the kayak launches in UTB now. Look out gill netters because he's in a vehicle you would never guess to be FWC, he drove up on me as I was loading my kayak and I thought I was about to get robbed lol

My wife and I were coming into Terra Ceia Bay yesterday from the skyway and observed an FWC boat cruising into Terra Ceia. He seemed like he had a purpose, but we never saw just where he went.This is the first time I've seen them here. Hopefully not the last. There are a lot of jerks on the water.

I was looking for pomps around Gandy on Sat...and our friends were there keeping the jet skiers in line. They were flying over the flats at Weeden in the no conbustable zone. Weeden, is a topic for another string. I can't believe the change in that fishery over the last year.

Glad the man was there to get them.Now maybe he will get the guide in the Gause tower boat that thinks he is entitled to motor into NMZ's and security zones.I hate Weedon Island. It is a last resort for me.

:smiley-laug :smiley-laug I feel you on that one, it's an absolute last resort!!!

Watched the Fwc boys bust a guy with an underslot redfish Friday afternoon when I got back to the launch. Apparently he had just been put on ice. After about five minutes of reviving the fish we all watched it swim away. This is the second time in a year I've seen law enforcement in that area. With so many shore based fisherman that I'm sure keep illegal fish it's nice to see them make a presence. Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Weedon is fine on the weekdays....weekends its a madhouse.

I agree, with the exception of a particular captain who thinks it is OK to motor within 20 feet of my anchored boat, because he is angry that I happen to be in one of "his spots". He has done this to me several times. I keep waiting for the opportunity to return the favor, just to see how he will react. That being said, it really is a different ballgame during the week. I've had some of my best fishing days ever at Weedon.

Watched the Fwc boys bust a guy with an underslot redfish Friday afternoon when I got back to the launch. Apparently he had just been put on ice. After about five minutes of reviving the fish we all watched it swim away. This is the second time in a year I've seen law enforcement in that area. With so many shore based fisherman that I'm sure keep illegal fish it's nice to see them make a presence. Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Good to see it. The redfish slot is broad enough without these idiots fudging the edges. The rules are there so we can all continue to enjoy the hobby. It amazes me that so many people don't get that