Sign in to follow this  
gunsnfishin

NEW TO THE SITE AND THE AREA

Hey wassup everyone just moved out here from California and looking to get a line in the water as often as possible just dont know the area. I'm in hudson but drive around quite a bit. Looking for any information and or anyone in the area interested in doin some fishing and sharing some tips. No boat so looking for shore fishing spots or land fishing Thanks

Welcome to TOF Jose. You will learn a lot just by hanging out here on TOF and reading all the articles, Captain's reports, Ask a Captain series as well as all the posts here on the forums. There are many here who are willing to help you and provide good info - so don't be shy about asking specific questions as you think of them. I'm not familiar with land based spots up in Hudson - but I know quite a few people try their luck around the Anclote pier and at Fred Howard Park which aren't too far south of you.

Welcome aboard. What type of fishing do you want to do? What type of fishing have you done?

I've done my fair share of bass fishing and some offshore in the keys just not to much land based fishing n i'm trying to do more of that.

There is a nice pier by the Anclote Power Plant .. if you wanna go down to Tarpon Springs there is a bridge that I see people fishing next too ... I know we go up to Bracher (spelling??) Park and just standing there on the land people catch small reds and trout ....Welcome to TOF!

Become friends with google earth... You can really focus on the access as well as the flats you want to target. There are a ton of good wading spots as well if you are up for that. Look for grass and sand, potholes, oyster bars, mangrove lines, rocks along the shoreline, bridges, docks, etc... Unfortunately I don't have advice as far as specific areas near you but there are a few guys that do on TOF! Let us know how you do and please feel free to ask questions.

Welcome to a very rich fishery, a very cool and friendly community, and what we hope is a web site that will make you a happy and more effective angler.We have a lot of events. I think there's one going on this weekend. You will find the fishery here incredible, and people on these forums will surely go fishing with you. Bass experience will give you a lot of advantages fishing for snook, which behave the same in a lot of ways. Superior predators looking up for bait. Ambush predators too. The bass fishing is very strong, the offshore wonderful, but the skinny saltwater the best there is.Nice to meet you.