Sign in to follow this  
calcutta86

CCC or 4th street bridge?? Input please

Me and a friend are going wading tonight and I have fished both spots but I haven't in a couple of years due to having my boat but now that my boat is sold I wanted to try them again so with that being said what area is producing better these days? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chad

I know a few fellas on here fish the CCC right behind the Hyatt and have been having some huge success. A member recently caught a 40" Snook behind the Hyatt, but I have heard that it only produces on a low tide - the tides for this area are below. You might be able to fish that outgoing tide tonight, but low tide isn't until about 0430. Personally, I haven't fished 4th street so I can't give you any input.Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon /Low Time Feet Sunset VisibleF 6 Low 3:31 AM 0.6 6:34 AM Set 1:51 AM 49 6 High 10:07 AM 2.1 8:24 PM Rise 2:13 PM 6 Low 4:42 PM 1.1 6 High 9:52 PM 1.6

I live right by 4th street bridge and fish over there quite often. To be honest I have not caught much there besides a few nice trout, lady fish, and needle fish blowing up my top waters and shrimp but i have had people tell me they've pulled some nice snook from there. 4th gets A LOT of traffic from people and can be hard to get yourself a decent spot. Never fished CCC but based on my experiences at 4th you might have better luck at CCC.

I've fished the 4th st bridge more than ccc and done better there. Only caught some good trout, ladyfish, and mac. Some people swear they get snook and reds but I haven't yet. Never had any good luck with ccc but probably because I never knew where to go. Every time I would go there were the usual characters with lines out everywhere and no clean spots to fish without stepping on garbage. I'll have to try the Hyatt spot now myself.