Sign in to follow this  
jonathannovio

fishing is bad????

This is what it says:Dear Mr. Carter,I am writing to express my disgust in your glamorization of the harming of animals. You would not catch a dog or a cat with such methods, so why is it acceptable to catch a fish in this way? My grandson recently visited your store and purchased some fishing equipment so he could emulate his late father.After several months of successfully hiding this from his mother and I, it has recently come to our attention that rather than being at his friends house, as he has told us, he has been fishing with his friend and his friends father after school. The money that I had given to him for his birthday, and I assume most of his pocket money has been spent on your store on a sport that i despise!My grandson has been punished, the equipment has been confiscated and will be destroyed.I find it appalling that a boy of 14 years old can purchase this equipment without the consent of his mother. Please note that my son is a Councillor and I have friends at The Lancashire Evening Post. I have suggested a petition be raised to ban the sale of fishing equipment to children under the age of 18.You clearly operate a large store, with influence. Please consider setting an age restriction now on the sale of fishing equipment to minors to set an example to other stores. Sincerely, A woman with common sense and values

post-16013-14121222925699_thumb.jpg

:smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug Fishing crack!! Man I feel bad for that kid. His grandparents must be the founders of PETA or something.

I can't believe someone could feel that strongly about fishing. I go with my 16 yr. old son and it is priceless. I can only imagine this person is a vegetarian!! :smiley-laug :smiley-laug :smiley-laug I hope this kid grows up to be an avid fishermen.

I'm thinking this letter is a hoax.The story got me curious, so I decided to dig a little deeper.I could not find any reference to this on Snopes or Google for that matter.If this was true, I would think so many people would be outraged, that the internet would be buzzing about it.