Sign in to follow this  
flyingrooster

first time "guiding"

No charge of course, a co-worker of mine asked me to take them fishing, they have been out before but just caught a trout and your basic cat fishes. Well I said sure, let's go! Day started off well with a solid troutpost-90657-14121222983575_thumb.jpgThen he caught his first redfishpost-90657-14121222983755_thumb.jpgHe then hooked into the snook of a lifetime, Made two solid head shakes and a long run to the trees he managed to get it out of the trees, then the hooks pulled as it made its third head shake! All in all an epic time on the water. I didn't fish, just put him on them! Came into work today and the first thing he said to me is "I still can hear that sound of the reel in my head!" Hahaha!! Such a pleasure to share the experiance! B)

No charge of course' date=' a co-worker of mine asked me to take them fishing, they have been out before but just caught a trout and your basic cat fishes. Well I said sure, let's go! Day started off well with a solid trout[attachment=9889']h976d503_2014-07-01.jpg[/attachment]Then he caught his first redfish[attachment=9890]h80ce579_2014-07-01.jpg[/attachment]He then hooked into the snook of a lifetime, Made two solid head shakes and a long run to the trees he managed to get it out of the trees, then the hooks pulled as it made its third head shake! All in all an epic time on the water. I didn't fish, just put him on them! Came into work today and the first thing he said to me is "I still can hear that sound of the reel in my head!" Hahaha!! Such a pleasure to share the experiance! B)

that's awesome! I have the exact same mirrolure that's in that redfish's mouth, but have never had much success. How do you work them?

He then hooked into the snook of a lifetime' date=' Made two solid head shakes and a long run to the trees he managed to get it out of the trees, then the hooks pulled as it made its third head shake!...Came into work today and the first thing he said to me is "I still can hear that sound of the reel in my head!"[/quote']And another fishing addict is born.Now you can be like the dealer who gives away the 1st sample for free. - "Now that you've had a taste of what a big girl feels like - , you will be paying for gas and bait on all our future trips together.." :smiley-laug

Had a great time out, just wish I could of landed "damnit". I cant get the sound of the drag on the reel out of my head. Pick: I offered gas money, but he refused. So i brought "beverages" for the both of us.

Yep, good as any payment in my book!!!post-90657-1412122298395_thumb.jpg

Had a great time out' date=' just wish I could of landed "damnit". Pick: I offered gas money, but he refused. So i brought "beverages" for the both of us.[/quote']And Mike don't feel bad about going back there in your kayak and going after "[email protected]" my spots are as good as yours!

Had a great time out' date=' just wish I could of landed "damnit". I cant get the sound of the drag on the reel out of my head. Pick: I offered gas money, but he refused. So i brought "beverages" for the both of us.[/quote']Hearing drag scream, followed by a slob snook that can't be turned, which eventually pulls an breaks away leaving you heart broken, for me......is what I imagine a bottle is to an alcoholic. Purrrre addiction. Glad you've now got the fever!

So the story behind "damnit"......shortly after we left the spot, still pumped up from the snook action, we came across an older gentleman in a tan native he asked how we did and said he heard us cheering, told him where we hooked up and he said " yep I've been fishing that spot for 44 years, I probably know that fishes name" Mike then replies "I know it's name too......it's name is "damnit!"" We all got a good laugh and went on our way! :smiley-laug