Sign in to follow this  
mikegreathouse

Home-made Pro Cure Holder

I am an avid user of Pro Cure.In a kayak, there are two important rules that I follow.1. Everything needs to be accessible.2. Everything needs to be secured.For too long, I fished with my Pro Cure either sitting on my Scotty table or bouncing around on the bottom of my kayak. The problem with this is that you don't always have easy access, and you inevitably get Pro Cure on your boat or yourself. Here is my solution.I took a small piece of automotive air intake hose - 2 1/4" OD.I drilled a hole in the back at the top to allow for the insertion of a stainless carabiner.This will secure the standard 2oz bottle of Pro Cure.With a light squeeze, you can either insert or remove the bottle. The rest of the time it is right where you need it.post-89420-14121223038296_thumb.jpgpost-89420-14121223038673_thumb.jpgpost-89420-14121223039048_thumb.jpg

This is where I keep mine and works like a champ and easy access... Plus this area doubles as my ashtray for butts... LOLBy the way I don't use paddle leashes, rod leashes, drink leashes, stick pin/push pole leashes, etc... If I went off shore I might think about at least a paddle leash... But dang, just sayin post-17124-14121223039469_thumb.jpg

Do you use a dog leash?

You asking me or Mike? I had a male Rhodesian Ridgeback (110lbs) and never had him on a leash, he was trained by me and my buddy that was a K9 cop... LOL good dog woof

This is where I keep mine and works like a champ and easy access... Plus this area doubles as my ashtray for butts... LOLBy the way I don't use paddle leashes' date=' rod leashes, drink leashes, stick pin/push pole leashes, etc... If I went off shore I might think about at least a paddle leash... But dang, just sayin [attachment=9947']h89a15aa.jpg[/attachment]

I used to carry mine that way as well. But I got tired of the Pro-Cure getting on everything.I like to keep the bottle open while on the water, because flipping that nozzle every time gets it on your hands, and then your rod and reel..To each his own.

For a ten foot kayak my Moken has all kinds of storage space. Lucky for me there are elastic storage pouches one either side that are just big enough for procure. One bottle of inshore series stays in the yak at all times. And I'm with phil, the less clutter the better.

This is where I keep mine and works like a champ and easy access... Plus this area doubles as my ashtray for butts... LOLBy the way I don't use paddle leashes' date=' rod leashes, drink leashes, stick pin/push pole leashes, etc... If I went off shore I might think about at least a paddle leash... But dang, just sayin post-10813-14121223743484_thumb.jpgI use the yak to fish hard, not have the ad ons that make it cluttered, what some may call cool... I don't even use rod holders.. I bring two spin rods (one topwater, one soft plastic) and my fly rod... None are in my way ever, since I use one rod at a time.Not to give you a hard time but seriously? A procure holder? Yes to each there own LOL

post-17124-14121223055467_thumb.jpg

Phil' date='The clutter was exactly my point. I have nothing banging around on the bottom of my kayak or under my feet..Two different approaches. I like mine, you like yours. We both catch fish, so all is good.[/quote']I hear ya and appreciate your words... But I promise you that nothing is banging around my floor or near my feet. The area in front of the foot pegs is no mans land for me and that stuff I have has never spooked a redfish yet or gotten in my way whatsoever. All I'm sayin is that I do not agree with all the carabiners (which do make clanking noise, period) and all the comtraptions on a small vessel ONLY gets in the way. By the way what do you use that table for? There is no way in hell I could effectively fish with all the crap dangling around and in my way, including leashes, holders, clips for holding things, etc and Perhaps you can and do. The reason I don't use rod holders is cuz I don't want to have to worry about making a cast that is clear of something sticking up or out from my yak. I want to be able (and do) cast from any direction needed to catch the target fish. I'm not hating on you at all. Just don't understand all the need for the ad ons.

I pretty much use the KISS method.Thanks for a great day on the water Phil. Had fun. Was nice to meet the talented Cody too.

Pam it was great fishing with you again as always! And look forward to much more. Glad you finally got to meet Cody! We'll get your slob red next time! Just glad we saw a ton!

Just because I read "clanking" that I should share this tip for us SOT guy's with hull access.Place opened towels in the bottom of the yak, this will help deaden any sounds you may make so they don't resonate from an empty hull. Okay, am done.......carry on.

Like Mike said...different strokes. I fish a Slayer 14 when we go out that is set up similarly to his. Everything either has a tether or a float on it. I lost three rods the one time my yak tipped and Mike lost one another time so the floats are a permanent addition. I do store a lot of the tethered tools on the floor. The tethers keep them from sliding out of reach.As to the table...I have one as well. I wouldn't know what to do without it now. Nothing better for keeping baits handy or tieing leaders.Again...different strokes.

Like Mike said...different strokes. I fish a Slayer 14 when we go out that is set up similarly to his. Everything either has a tether or a float on it. I lost three rods the one time my yak tipped and Mike lost one another time so the floats are a permanent addition. I do store a lot of the tethered tools on the floor. The tethers keep them from sliding out of reach.As to the table...I have one as well. I wouldn't know what to do without it now. Nothing better for keeping baits handy or tieing leaders.Again...different strokes.

I fully understand different strokes... But that still doesn't help me understand a holder or clip for everything on the yak! 90% of everything from my paddle, rods and reels (nothing over 3k reels and light rods), push pole/stick pin, cooler, etc float... If it does BY CHANCE fall out which has never happened, I can easily pole or paddle to it since I only use one at a time. And again none are tethered. I would feel like I'm in a bowl of spaghetti while trying to just fish. And a table?? Are u serving dinner? Seriously I'm confused. Why all the added nonsense?By the way this does not need to become some arguing bs thread... I think I have legit wonders of "why"...

Do you use a dog leash?

Ha! Awesome!I tether my anchor. Is that too much or too little? All kidding aside, not a bad Pro Cure holder. But, what's the point of buying a fancy kayak with a bunch of storage if you need extra holders for your gear? I fish out of a Native Ultimate which has absolutely no storage aside from the little bag and cup holder I bought. If that's not enough I've got pockets. I'm not worried about Pro Cure getting on my kayak because if all goes well, I'll have lovely fish slime on the floor of my yak!I understand the paddle leash, though I don't have one. I also understand tethering the rods but, like Phil, I need each rod ready to go. Plus, I fish shallow enough that if I flip or drop my rods I'll be able to jump out and get them. In fact, most of my fishing is done wading after I paddle to my spot. Again, I think the Pro Cure holder is not a bad idea if you like everything tethered. Just not my style.

I meant my comment as a joke not a stab or anything. I leash my paddle. For me that's a need. I like to just let the thing just float while I drift fish sometimes.I was leashing one of my rods that was attached to a more expensive set up. Since I put a new rod holder there I feel better if it is unleashed.I try to make everything within reach. I normally have a rod in my lap at all times but since I had a reel get sick I became hesitant to do so. The procure holder is not a bad idea at all. I keep mine banging around my feet LOL. Yeah that shrimp scent is pretty strong.

The best barbecues of 2019: Gas models we loveGrilling season hosts moved from poolside gatherings to gameday rear ends, and in case you're overhauling your  gas flame broil this season, you'll  discover a lot of choices gazing back at you in your nearby home improvement store.

Ask yourself the accompanying inquiries: Is the sign going to be reachable by individuals? Is the sign going to be in a zone where things are regularly moved or conveyed?   

<a href="https://www.echoneon.com/customize/">custom neon signs nyc</a>custom neon signs nyc 

In the event that the response to both of these is indeed, at that point perhaps you would profit by an unmistakable acrylic spread over your sign.