Sign in to follow this  
icatcher22

Cast net review

Always good to give credit where credit is due...Ordered a custom Tim Wade net earlier this summer based on my continued struggles netting threads in deeper water. I called Tim - explained where and exactly what I am looking for in a net as well as my ability and willingness to throw x amount of weight. 2 weeks later a net showed up at my door. Mind you I called him during the process to check on time frame and each time he answered and gave me eta immediately. Called him after to talk about net care and should I soak in fabric softener to loosen etc etc. he answers and is willing to talk every time.I ordered a custom 12ft net with extra lead per foot and it ran me just over $200. The comparable black pearl goes just over $300. Great guy to deal with and the net works!! Loaded well w/ threads at skyway this weekend w/ tide moving in 15-18ft of water.Someone I would and will give my business to going forward.

Yes there has been nothing but great reviews from all the Wade's nets ive come across. Everyone seems to have the same response. I would be careful though out there around the skyway. Usually the net wrecking dolphins are at the Fort Desoto pier but 2 weeks ago we had a dolphin destroy my buddies 12 ft 3/8s net at the bridge. So if you see one lurking just be cautious!