Sign in to follow this  
jonathannovio

Happy Redfish

I fish docks that I know hold reds w/ live blue crab. Bite is usually fast.Never had much luck on live blue crab on flats. Only cut in 4ths.

It's more of a hunt when you're on the flats. You see the fish, pitch your bait as quietly as possible and hope it gives a positive reaction. It's a very rewarding experience for me, and I love it :thumbsup:

Agreed that's why I fly fish.I was referencing the fish having large amts of blue crab in his stomach...and using them for bait

I fish docks that I know hold reds w/ live blue crab. Bite is usually fast.Never had much luck on live blue crab on flats. Only cut in 4ths.
It's more of a hunt when you're on the flats. You see the fish' date=' pitch your bait as quietly as possible and hope it gives a positive reaction. It's a very rewarding experience for me' date=' and I love it :thumbsup:[/quote'']

KEY ELEMENTS: Early MorningOutgoing TideSmall Minnow or Crab PresentationsStealthAccurate Casts[attachment=10335]hc7d6a5c.jpg[/attachment]Measured 25 and some inches [attachment=10336]h6a31b98.jpg[/attachment]Gave the fish to my Grandpa

That looks like a stone crab to me. Not a blue crab. I could be wrong. Nice reds!

KEY ELEMENTS: Early MorningOutgoing TideSmall Minnow or Crab PresentationsStealthAccurate Casts[attachment=10335]hc7d6a5c.jpg[/attachment]Measured 25 and some inches [attachment=10336]h6a31b98.jpg[/attachment]Gave the fish to my Grandpa

That looks like a stone crab to me. Not a blue crab. I could be wrong. Nice reds!
Yup it had stone and mud crabs in it's stomach and a mudminnow

Good observation Andy.How was the new shirt ? ;)

What new shirt? Did you send me a shirt? LOL!
hahaha, the shirt kept me pretty dry as far as sweat is concerned, pretty happy about my purchase :thumbsup: