Sign in to follow this  
arti-6

Grilled grouper/snapper reuben sandwich

Grilled blackened grouper/snapper reuben sandwichIngredients: Grouper or snapper fillets with bones removed Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) Butter Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened redfish magic seasoning or your favorite brand. Sauerkraut (drained) Thousand island dressing Sliced aged swiss cheese Marbled rye bread 1. Start by preheating your grill on a low-med heat.2. Coat your fillets with EVOO on both sides. Next, generously season the fillets on both sides with your blackening seasoning.post-18322-14121223568489_thumb.jpg3. Place fillets on preheated grill on a low-medium heat and cook for 4-6 mins per side with the lid closed.post-18322-1412122356955_thumb.jpg4. Add the swiss cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking time to melt the cheese. Remove fillets from grill when done.5. Butter the rye bread on one side of each piece of bread and then lay the butter side down on the plate. Now add the thousand island dressing to the other sides of the bread. Add a fillet on top of the bread, then a good portion of sauerkraut on top of the fillet and top with the other slice of bread. 6. Put the sandwiches back on the grill to toast each side for 2 minutes each or until toasted. post-18322-14121223570481_thumb.jpg7. Slice and enjoy one killer sandwich!! post-18322-14121223571307_thumb.jpg

I know this is an ancient thread, but sauerkraut must be cooked to prep it for great Reubens. I bake mine with added brown sugar and caraway seeds for a few hours. It breaks it down a bit and sweetens it up. I never use it directly out of the bag/jar as its too harsh tasting.