Sign in to follow this  
groupernugget

I'm tearing up... For sale- Scout 175 Sportfish

Have you ever dreamed about what it's like to skip over a light to moderate tampa bay chop at 42 mph while burning only 6 mpg in a noble, sharp nosed, bright white, and gorgeously shaped ocean chariot? Have you ever dreamed of gliding accross a smooth 1' grass flat at sunset as you proudly idle back to the boat ramp looking fabulous and standing tall in your redfish poop covered shirt and hair crusted with the fine glitter of whitebait scales?Do you enjoy the sound of children laughing? How would you like to savor some spiced sipping rum out of your "WORLD'S BEST DAD/MOM" mug as those joyful laughing children swing into sight port side after their tube launches 4' into the air over your wake?Are you and the old lady/man stuck in a rut? Don't you think a little champagne on ice, the gentle rocking of the ocean, and a perfect, unobstructed florida sun setting over the gulf might put a little spark back in your love motor? Or maybe the love motor was beyond repair so now you just want to party han solo on the sandbar with college aged spring breakers?Whoever you are and whatever your motives, you need to focus up and listen to what I'm about to say: this magnificent boat is the answer to all of life's questions.This here, folks, is one of the fishiest boats in the bay. This is THE BOAT that Lostmans1 and I came up on. I can't think of a single species of Tampa Bay fish that hasn't come over the rail of this magnificent ocean machine. Wanna fish the pass for Tarpon? No problem! Gotta get on that 1' flat for tailing reds in December? You got it. Shoot through a hole in the mangroves to get to your secret snook alcove? Yea- she comes standard with that t-shirt. It's not just a fishing boat though. Oh no, it's so much more. Family fun? YES! Sunset cruises? I recomend it! Wanna go treasure hunting somewhere? Uhh, sure. Just want to get out of the house and nap under some mangroves? I do it all the time...No but seriously. For sale today is my 2005 Scout 175 Sportfish with a 2006 Yamaha 115 Four Stroke. She's a dry ride, built like a brick s$$t house, and is just a great all around boat. The Magic Tilt trailer is great also. She drafts about a foot loaded down. Will run in about 2'. Handles chop like a 20'+ boat (seriously). 17'6" long 7.5' beam. Very simple, reliable, and pretty boat with 1 livewell, 1 bilge, and 1 battery. There's no radio so bring your own stinking boombox if you need Rihanna to catch fish. I've never had a trolling motor and I've never needed one. Less stuff to break down! The standing record on this boat is something like 70 redfish in a day with 2 anglers. I don't remember precisely, maybe Lostmans1 will stop by and remind me. This boat has had one owner. Me. I'm absolutely heartbroken, but it's time to let her go. My career is making it tough to get out there every weekend and I know if the boat sits around for too long it'll really start to break down. She needs a new family. I'm throwing this up here on TOF before I post it anywhere else because this forum and the guys in it are my people! This is going to be unlike any other ad for a boat like you've seen because the price is going to start at the low point and climb up as I continue to get stuff fixed, polished, replaced, etc. She runs great, she's clean, and everything works, but there are a few aesthetic things I'll be working on in the coming days. I'm getting the hull cleaned and detailed, getting the hinges on the front hatch replaced, replacing the instrument panel backdrop, getting a new cooler/front seat, etc. If you're not worried about those things and you want to jump on this before I put more money and time into it (and raise the price accordingly) you can stop me now and get a better deal. This boat is a great value for what I'm asking either way. All of the other 175s I've seen on boattrader and CL are going for a lot more and they all have 2 stroke 90 HPs... Thanks for reading my novel and for considering this Scout for the next chapter of your life.$13,500post-1378-14121223605029_thumb.jpgSeat Back cushion is getting repaired right now. Need to get a new cooler as well...post-1378-14121223605814_thumb.jpgpost-1378-14121223606565_thumb.jpg

Everything this man has said is true. I teamed up with this guy some years back and our correspondence throughout the week was always where we were going to fish and what we were going to target. This boat was on a Lift at Dave's house behind Weedon island and we fished from Egmont to UTB and have caught every species under the sun. Every once in a while we would load all the friends on it and go on tubing adventures, or take the ladies out for a spin but for the most part we were fishing. I think our redfish record was 72 reds in 1 day between the 2 of us with snook and trout mixed. Ill never forget that day. This boat offers a nice, dry ride and it can get up and go. The best aspect of this boat to me is the ride. Every other boat in that 17ft range is really choppy, loud, and you always end up getting wet. Great boat for the money. If you are planning on getting a boat soon check this thing out.

Damn it man..I almost cried for u! Sorry to hear you have to part from your baby. Sounds like that boat hold more sentimental memories then a price tag can ever cover. I want to wish u the best w your sale but more so I would rather pray for a way you wouldn't have to sell her. Maybe if u win the lotto..just don't forget to split the winnings w me..lol!!Phillip..Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha thanks guys. I'm sad to let her go but it's the right thing to do... I'll get a junker that I can beat up and throw around once this one sells. I just can't keep up with this ol' girl anymore...

Suggest you post pics of helm, electronics,deck, bilge, and more... just sayin'. Leave out the fluff and your buddy's endorsement. A buyer wants to know hrs. on the engine,work done (engine/boat), and how you've maintained both.

Suggest you post pics of helm' date=' electronics,deck, bilge, and more... just sayin'. Leave out the fluff and your buddy's endorsement. A buyer wants to know hrs. on the engine,work done (engine/boat), and how you've maintained both.[/quote']Oh come on man I'm just having a little fun! :fishing02:

yea Steve this was his " I know I have to sell it, but don't really want to sell it post" lol. We will know he is serious when he puts it on the boat forums! and there are a lot of peeps on here that know Dave well and have been on that boat.