fordee9r

Nature Coast Kayak Fishing Club.... New!

For some time now, I've seen some interest in a kayak fishing club in the Nature Coast area. I decided to do something about  it and started putting out feelers to local kayak dealers for support. I contacted Wind & Watersports in NPR who referred me to Gill Dawg in Port Richey. It appears that Gill Dawg is in the process of buying Wind & Watersports so, this afternoon, I went to Gill Dawg to check them out. They have quite an operation there... check their website "www.gilldawg.com". 

They are very interested in hosting a kayak fishing club so now it's up to us. Is there really enough interest to form a new club? If you are interested, please post here or PM me. I'm new to yaking so, hopefully, some veterans will step up & help with some leadership.

If enough interest is shown, I'll arrange an outing on a Saturday or Sunday morning (please state your preference) followed by an organizational meeting.

When you say Nature Coast what do you mean? I think of Levy County- Hernando county. I have a Facebook page about nature coast kayak fishing but I've been in school. I can relay anything you start

I think of the Nature Coast being from Pasco County north to the "elbow". If we do form this club, it will be based out of Gill Dawg's in Port Richey. Right now I'm just trying to find if there is enough interest to pursue it further.

LAST CALL!!! I posted this thread here as well as on "paddle-fishing.com". On this forum I see we have 93 "views" so there is some interest. On the other forum, I got 2 firm commitments. It's going to take more than 3 to form a new club so I'm asking for some of you viewers to reply.

If any of you are willing to get together on a Saturday Or Sunday AM (please state your preference) we could paddle out for 3 or 4 hours and come back for an organizational meeting. At that meeting we can ALL decide what the club would be. After the meeting, if you're not interested, walk away. If you are interested, maybe we can start something great!

If any of you who have viewed this post have even a slight interest, please post here, PM me or email me at "[email protected]". Thanks.................

Ron

Ron I am interested in the club and I sent an e-mail to you.  Hopefully it will kick off.  It would be nice to have a kayak and canoe fishing club here.  It creates great friendships and you learn quite a bit about fishing the waters in this area from others who fish it.

I met with Gill Dawg today & I'll be announcing a date very soon. We can do the initial meeting first & go out fishing for as long we want afterwards or we can go out fishing for 3 or 4 hours and have the meeting in the early PM. Any preferences?

Stay tuned for all the details...................

ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING Sunday, November 16th, 9:30 AM at Gill Dawg's in Port Richey. For directions, go to "www.gilldawg.com" or plug 5419 Treadway Drive into your GPS.

All things pertaining to the club will be open for discussion and a vote. This way WE can make the club what WE want it to be!

After the meeting, we can launch our yaks and go out fishing for as long as we wish. I'm sure someone on the staff can suggest some spots to target.

Any questions? Post them here, message me or email me "[email protected]". Hope to see you there...

Ron

Ron- a successful club or similar takes time. Just putting the word out to a few forums does little to strike up interest until they see and or hear about the success (fishing success) of the club, or the popularity of it in general. I think clubs are a great idea for sure and I think certain areas could really benefit from a real good one! It's all about starting out with one or two people that are willing to show up, they talk and perhaps bring a friend, etc. Plus posting reports of quality fish and good times are always a huge attractant to a club. Anything is possible, and I'm sure the members will come in time, but be excited to have one or 20 at this point of starting. Just having a few local people that love to fish is a club in itself, so to speak. Keep it light and easy. Potential members will be turned off quick with things like rules and voting etc. Have fun and fish hard! People will feed off of the excitement to fish, but getting on good fish will win hearts quick... A "club" that goes out and catches under slot trout and catfish is not nearly as fun as catching reds and snook, good trout, snapper, etc.

Have fun and fish hard