phil030

Who Is Interested In Another Fishing/camping Trip?

Thanks Kurt!! Yeah man I'm stoked to get back down there! Did I hear you say poons in 2' of water LOL.. It can't be true! Not in the everglades, no way! Hahaha awesome! I will get with you soon Kurt.

Thanks again

When I saw them coming I thought it was a Lemon shark, tail and dorsal were over three feet apart, then the sun shined THROUGH the fins.  Sun doesn't shine though shark skin!!  Their backs were out of the water because their bellies were on the bottom.

Sounds good Joe! We had good eats last time and I look forward to this time even more!

The only thing we ran short on last time was fire wood. That and ice are the most important things that gotta be on the list of must haves.

Just keep in mind, the campground is pretty primitive and the nearest Wally World is like an hour and a half drive one way. Bring everything you need and it will be a blast! This is the view from the sites!!

post-169185-0-07002400-1420142688_thumb.jpg

I guess I have been elected to bring the shrimp,:(and cook it with my secret recipe),. Don't worry about the cost Phil, you have done, by far, enough.  With that said, I remember last year, 12 confirmed and six showed up.  Those little devils are a bit pricey and don't keep well so I don't want to bring too many and have them thaw uneaten.  The weekend before we should firm up the reality check of who is coming and bringing what. 

I will be bringing that same cooler of ice, because as you know, I HATE warm adult beverages.  Little hint to those of you with the ability to do so. Get your ice, bag or bulk, and re-freeze it in a chest freezer the night before the trip.  Pre-chill your coolers with a sacrificed bag of ice the night before as well.  The zero-degree ice lasts easily twice as long as the stuff you get from the store in a decent cooler.   This is a four day trip, bring more ice than you think you need and you will still run short.  It's like 5 bucks for a small bag at the marina store.

My brother in law and I will only be down for the Friday and Saturday night. I can bring cole slaw and home made baked beans (1 for each dinner). I'm guessing we'll be cooking / eating dinners as a group?

My plan is to get a few 'shoe-box' size tupperware containers from Walmart ($1 each) and freeze blocks of ice and then stack those blocks in several coolers.  Ty works for a Coors / Miller beer distributor.  We'll be bringing about 5-6 cases of a variety of beer products.  But if you're a Budweiser fan, you'll have to bring your own   :)   Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Last year dinners were definitely a community affair.  Lucky for two of the younger guys who came as they showed up for four days with a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter, LOL. But yes we all cooked dinners together and did coffee in the A.M.  As you can expect, lunch was on your own with whatever you carried on your yak. Hopefully Phil will do his blackened redfish again, it was delicious last year.

You guys talking about ways to make ice last for a # of days should look into the Nu-Ice product.  It works really, really well for multiple days when combined with ice.  Especially if you have a good cooler.  

Yes, there will be several stoves available, as well as pots, pans etc... so as previously posted, if you don't have some stuff, don't feel you need to buy it, we've got the basics covered.  Items you NEED to bring.  Personal tent and sleeping stuff, chairs if desired for around the fire, (picnic table is on site).  Food and Beverages and ICE, ICE BABY in own cooler(s).  Flashlight(s), the bathrooms are several hundred feet away and several people actually had trouble finding the site at night.  It is REALLY dark if there is no moon.  I have a large lantern already for main site illumination when needed.  I don't know what the weather will be but last year was VERY cold, so check a few days out and pack accordingly.  I am bringing wood for two nights but if everyone else brings one bundle per person we should be set for the whole weekend.  Again as Phil stated before, if you need it, bring it with you, the small store at Flamingo is very spartan and VERY expensive.

Thanks for stating that info Kurt! I've been pretty busy, but I'm soooooo ready to get there already! LoL

Total number of people joining is 12 BUT some will only be there for two nights or so. I'm ready to roll and can't wait to get on the hunt with everyone coming! Thanks again guys! A week from this Friday we will be there!!!!

Tomorrow is the one week away countdown!! I'm really excited that there will be some new faces this time and I'm looking forward to meeting you all! All we need is good weather, So keep those fingers crossed and pray if you have to LOL!

We can't check in until noon on Friday so I will be there just before then to get the campsites and start unloading. If anyone is going to be getting there really late, send me a PM and I will give you my number to call me. There is a phone number to call if arriving late so someone can open the main gate for you. Otherwise you will be screwed until it opens again the next day!

Please use this thread to post any last minute questions or comments pertaining to the trip.

Thanks guys!

Phil

Instead of two, we will now be there three nights through Monday a.m.  A few notes, 

Tides      High      ft.     Low       ft.     High  ft.        Low       ft.           Moon Set    Moon %

Friday    4:48am 2.8   12:52pm -0.4  5:37pm 2.1   12:53am  -0.1        9:41pm        7%

Sat         5:41am  2.5  1:35pm  -0.2   6:20pm  2.1  1:55am  -0.1          10:44          15%

Sun        6:37am  2.1   2:20pm -0.1   7:07pm 2.2   3:03am -0.1            11:44         24%

Mon       7:41am  1.8    3:07pm -0.1   8:00pm 2.2                                 12:28          35%

Thanks Kurt! One of the reasons I decided these dates is because of the tides.. Last time was a full moon and it was tuff but we got fish. This time is the week after the new moon and still has killer tides but not the ultra negative tides that push fish in deeper areas. Just pray for good weather