phil030

Who Is Interested In Another Fishing/camping Trip?

For some reason I cant retrieve a few pics from emails I got from Delores and Pam... If you guys can text the pics to me that are missing, I will post them in the above report. And anyone else that has pics, please text them to me. Thanks again everyone!

Great report of the trip Phil.  Sorry the weather was a bit rough for you guys - but fish were certainly caught and it sounds like a good time was had by all.

Great snooks Pam and Ty.  

Phil - I really like the 2nd to last picture with the sunset and the single tree.  Also like the picture of the snook with the light shining through its yellow fins.  

Thanks for the nice write up. 

Big duke, aka just Joe,

You were the hit of the party. Would hang with you anytime.

While Phil was holding the fort, Delorase, Ty and I had to hit the water and head for snake bite. We were soon joined by Kurt and Carrie.

As we were headed out, a storm came by again. Delorase, Ty and I ducked under a dock for cover. Soon the sky's cleared enough for us to head back out. The tide was falling and we spotted an strong running out flow...on the third toss, wham! The real starts to scream and the fight is on. She headed down the fast current,

Four runs later she was on board. That proud lady was so powerful she almost made the jig head into a circle.

In the mean time Ty just misses one on a top water 30 feet from me. He tosses it out again and its game on! He did a great job in landing her and his 32" beat out my fish by 2". Well done Ty.

Delorase, thanks for the assistant and Kurt and Carrie for retrieving my paddle.

The rest of the trip my lures only attracted jacks, large ladies and barracudas. I spent part of Sunday, just watching sharks.

Some of the best time during the trip was the fire side chats. Way too much fun! Can't remember when I laugh so much.

Really enjoyed this trip, weather wasn't the best but the camp fire, friends and conversations were the best I cant remember laughing so hard, thank you everyone for the great food, drinks and dessert, looking forward to another fun trip in the very near future. would be nice to have you guys come to key west and enjoy some of our fishing. Cooking and laughs.

A bit off-topic but what's the road to Flamingo like?  Two lane paved?  The reason I ask is that I went to Flamingo with my parents in 1955.  I beieve it was a dirt road at the time although memory sometimes fails me. lol  We did stop at the Anhinga Trail and walked for a while.  Lots and lots of gators.

A bit off-topic but what's the road to Flamingo like?  Two lane paved?  The reason I ask is that I went to Flamingo with my parents in 1955.  I beieve it was a dirt road at the time although memory sometimes fails me. lol  We did stop at the Anhinga Trail and walked for a while.  Lots and lots of gators.

Haha it's a bit more civilized than that Barry. Yes it's a 2 lane road all the way through the park. But at least it's wider than it used to be years ago. No potholes, plenty of shoulder etc. 55 mph most of the way.