phil030

Who Is Interested In Another Fishing/camping Trip?

As a lot of you remember Andrew Benak and I started talking about doing a trip south last year and we made it happen. It was a ton of fun fishing and camping out of Flamingo (Everglades National Park) back in Janurary, and I want to see who would be up for another trip!

I wanted to get this topic restarted and get a basic REALISTIC view of ones that would do it again in Jan or Feb of 2015.

Camping is super cheap, I paid for it last year and I will again this year. So all you need to do is get there and bring your essentials, food and gear etc.

There are miles of epic flats/backcountry and plenty of fish to be had.

I need to check on a good campground there, but Chokoloskee area could be another option.

Thanks guys and girls

Phil

I'd definitely be interested! Traveling and fishing different areas is one of the reasons I bought my kayak. Plus, it would be great to finally meet and fish with some TOF members. Keep us posted.

Is there a motel close by to camp at? Nothing fancy, I'm just to old to camp!

Mike- I know for Flamingo the nearest anything is like a solid 45 min drive minimum. But yes there are hotels before you get into the park.

I will give details as I get things hashed out very soon.

Ok so I have been doing a bit of thinking LOL...

So how does Janurary 16-20 sound? It would be nearing a NEW moon and should be fishy as you want! Nothing set in stone, just testing the waters for right now.

Please chime in with yes, no etc...

Thank you