Sign in to follow this  
powpig2002

Manor Beach.

Are you talking about Manor Beach in New Port Richey?  If it's the old trailer park that sits on Green Key Rd. between Heavens Wy. and Manor Beach Rd. than yeah, it should be blocked off because it's private property and, unfortunately, the homeless, hookers and dopers ruined it as a fishing spot.  I got no problem with blocking it off. 

Now, if you're talking about the little sand slide on the side of Green Key Rd. and Sea Forest Dr. across from the condos than, yeah, that would blow if it has been blocked off.  It's a very convenient launch for kayaks.  Not to worry though.  Kayaks can still put in off Green Key Rd. near the entrance gate to the beach.  It's an extra 10 minute paddle and you're in Manor Beach, with decent fishing along the way.  I've launched all three of those spots and it's no big deal.   

Thanks, Phil.  Unfortunately, cops aren't too popular these days!  Most of what I do is common sense anyway.  As far as a good fisherman, the jury is still out on that (no pun intended).

Pam, I won't be able to try Ozello again until the first weekend of November.  My schedule only gives me every other weekend off.  However, I have awesome days during every week when the waters aren't as crowded!  I'll reach out next time I plan on going.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  I'll check Manor Beach and see what the situation is.  If it's posted "No Parking" we're screwed to launch.  If it's not posted, then it's an easement and the most the county or New Port Richey P.D. can do is write a 24 -48 hour impound warning.  Meaning, you have 24 to 48 hours to move your vehicle before it's towed.  Personally though, I would just launch at Green Key and paddle the extra few minutes.  It's not worth the trouble.

Thanks, Phil.  Unfortunately, cops aren't too popular these days!  Most of what I do is common sense anyway.  As far as a good fisherman, the jury is still out on that (no pun intended).

I respectfully disagree.

In any profession, there is that 1 % that bring a bad light to the overall good.

Unfortunately, they tend to garner 99% of the media attention. I, for one, appreciate all that our police officers do (and put up with).

Thank you for your service.

I see.  This was a great little launch spot and it was sad to see a few a-holes abuse and destroy it.  But, I'm surprised it took this long and if a was a resident of that tiny community near that bridge I wouldn't want a-holes back there either.  Thank you for clarification of which spot, Terrance.