Sign in to follow this  
andys

Think This Would Work.

You all know I can't get my pictures from my camera into my computer album, so I can't post pictures right now. If I give my camera to one of my friends/Sarasota Bob, and he loads them in his computer, then e-mails them to me. Then I could put them in my computer picture album. Then I could post all the pictures . Hey Matt, think that will work?

Andy,

You should be able to do everything yourself.

I'm not sure what method that you were using to import pictures on your windows 7 machine - I'm thinking that you were probably using the camera manufacturer's program.

However, on either Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 there is an easier way.

When you plug your camera into your computer via the usb port, the computer will treat is as an additional drive. Open Windows "File Explorer" and click on the the "Removable Disk" icon - probably drive "E". If you double click, it will open the drive. There will be a folder called DCIM. Open that and you will see your pictures. They may show as the actual images, or as icons depending upon your "View" settings.

From there you can simply select the images and either copy or cut and then paste them into a folder of your choice. I usually put them in the "Downloads" folder until I sort through them.

If your having problems due to some other circumstance, I'm sure that either myself, or others here can get you through it.

I missing seeing your pictures.

Thanks Mike, but it's no use. I'm just not a computer guy. Maybe some day we will get a computer man to look at it, and set it up. I use to plug camera in and send pictures to any folder I wanted. I had folders for 2011,2012,2013,2014 plus other folders. It was so easy EVEN I could do it. My computer had a program already in it called pictures, or my pictures. It was already in the computer. Thanks every one.

Before the upgrade of the site, I could post photos with out an issue. Now I need to send them to Phil to upload. Nat as much fun, and I feel bad about asking Phil to help me all the time.

Posting a picture on the new site.

First - Click on the tab "More Reply Options" on the bottom right of the text box.

Next - click on the "Choose File" button below the text box.

This will open a new window where you can select the image that you want to post.

Select the image.

Then click on the box "Attach This File"

Then click on "Add Reply"

Done!

post-216666-0-42348700-1414456612_thumb.jpg