Sign in to follow this  
colibri2

Trying Black 3/8 Oz Jitterbug For Trout, Reds And Snook?

HI all,

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Jitterbugs (from Arbogast) for Trout/Reds/Snook or ? I bought one in black and tried it out this morning. Got a couple of hits but nothing for the table. I was using a real slow steady crankspeed. It naturally bubbles and gurgles and walks the dog. I'm not sure if the hooks will stand up to salt-water. May have to replace them with split rings and salt-water trebles (barbs folded down) or some single hooks facing back-wards so they don't pick up weeds.

Any other thoughts?

Have often wondered about that. When I was in college I worked nights (midnight shift) at a trucking company. Usually they would need me only 4 nights per week. That 5th night and every Saturday night went bass fishing at night using only a black Jitterbug but used the next size up. In all the trips we took that summer (which was a lot at 2 times per week for 3 months) only twice did we not get at least one bass over 5.

I've been thinking about trying it on Snook but would only mess with it when it was dark.

Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks

I have used in the Indian River around Jensen Beach area and have had a few big hits and misses.  I used a double jointed Red&White for the action.  Nothing for the plate taken home on it