Sign in to follow this  
phisherman813

Kingfish In The Kayak....irb

Hey guys an gals. Haven't posted lately due to being so caught up in work an family issues. Inshore fishing has been pretty good lately so I'm looking for a change of pace. I'm really, really wanting to land my first king (from the kayak) this weekend or sometime soon. Been reading here an there about folks doing well about a mile out off Indian Rocks beach area. If I'm not mistaken, there are some artificial reef structures in the area??? I've only visited the area for leisure purposes so my fishing knowledge of the area is next to none. Plan on trying to troll some lures,throw some live bait, and chum like crazy. If anyone could chime in on good parking/launch spots,techniques,etc I'd be greatly appreciative.

Josh, it's going to be really windy tomorrow. They're forecasting wind to be a steady 20 - 25mph with gusts up to 35mph. I use a website called ionweather.com to get my forecasts because the local meteorologists around here aren't accurate. I've taken the yak out in 20+mph winds and have definitely learned my lesson, which is to not do it again.

Be careful if you do go out brotha!

Josh, it's going to be really windy tomorrow. They're forecasting wind to be a steady 20 - 25mph with gusts up to 35mph. I use a website called ionweather.com to get my forecasts because the local meteorologists around here aren't accurate. I've taken the yak out in 20+mph winds and have definitely learned my lesson, which is to not do it again.

Be careful if you do go out brotha!

Yeah I saw that after making the post. Was only going tomorrow if winds were down but regardless wanted to make the post anyway. Figures my one day to fish this week will be the windiest it's been in a while!!!

Don't even attempt it this weekend. There are hard West winds right now. The beach will be a mudpit by the morning and Kings will push offshore.

For future reference, any of the beach accesses are good from 12th Ave to 27th Ave. Also, those near shore reefs will eat tackle. I wouldn't troll anything too expensive or deep.

Don't even attempt it this weekend. There are hard West winds right now. The beach will be a mudpit by the morning and Kings will push offshore.

For future reference, any of the beach accesses are good from 12th Ave to 27th Ave. Also, those near shore reefs will eat tackle. I wouldn't troll anything too expensive or deep.

Thanks Derrick, hopefully a week from now those western winds subside an I can give it a shot.

Rob, I have found that ionweather is very accurate, at least more accurate then the local meteorologists. I used to have to use this website when I was a Property Manager up north - they provided me with very accurate snow accumulations. Ultimately, I always use this website.