Sign in to follow this  
michael ensch

People Are Ignorant.

So today me and my friend went to my usual cutthroat spot to maybe catch a few. Only one was caught by him. Saw several jumping just couldn't get much to bite. But anyways, right now is a chum salmon spawn. Meaning chum salmon are going up into streams and rivers and laying their eggs then dying. There is a small stream that runs off onto this beach I fish. The stream is actually pretty small. You would never expect a big 5-15lb salmon to get up in it. So at the opening of the stream there was a mom and several kids. About 5 kids lol. They were taking logs and sticks and blocking off the entrance. I noticed them doing it and asked them politely not to do it because then the salmon can't get up the stream and lay their eggs. Then there could be a possible chum salmon shortage next season. They said they were just "building a bridge" to get across. (But it was completely blocking off the water.) So I just said it's not the best idea and if your to do it anyways at least move it all when your done. The lady just said ok and then I went away knowing she wasn't going to do anything about it. Five minutes later I look back over there and the mom and the kids are gone and the dam/bridge was still there. People are ignorant. So I went over there and moved it all myself. I just don't get why people do these things. 

Perhaps they were coming back soon to use their makeshift bridge after visiting the kid's great grandfather? Once a king angler of salmon and trout at the very spot you stood. Now dying of a broken heart from all the things, he has seen change in his lifetime on the water.