Sign in to follow this  
slingnbait

Backcountry Inshore Slam 11/29

After having the 112 fish week last week I knew the conditions were not quite right for that to happen again.  We had two consecutive cold fronts come through the area on Wed and Thursday.  I knew the morning bite would not be there at all.  We went to our productive area to find very little mullet and only 2 trout.  I truly believe that the poachers came through there.  It happens every year.  With nothing moving around I made a decision to make a run and it paid off.  We did not get a ton of fish but probably got between 25-30 snook, reds and trout.  We did find that the backcountry areas had a lot of freshwater in them and it killed some of our bait.  But we made the best of it and caught some fish.  Here is the video!  Hope you enjoy and I was able to answer the biggest question that I was asked this last week.  What tide and solunar websites do I use to get my info.  There are in the beginning of the video.

Nice work. I see you are using the coveted white bait and chumming. Last 3 times I went to Tampa I couldn't find any white bait and got stuck using shrimp and artificial. I still ended with decent days, but I had my wife with me and she is not as well versed on artificial. Any tips you can provide on where and how you are catching it would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to worry about me taking a bunch, I only fish Tampa 3-6 times a year. Or, if you know anywhere that sells it, that would work too. Thanks

Right now Alex it is at the skyway.  It is there all winter long.  Use at least a 10' 3/8" net with 1.5#'s of lead per foot. 

Thanks Todd.  I was afraid you would say that. My Tampa knowledge is so limited and it is such a long drive that I dont make it much very far south of Gandy.