Sign in to follow this  
kmeng

Utb Saturday?

I haven't been on the water since early November because of work and holidays, but I've got the itch and the free time this weekend. I'm planning on meeting a friend or two and fishing Double Branch and/or Rocky Creek both Saturday and Sunday and would love to meet a few new folks from here. The tides look decent for the morning, and we're planning on launching from either State Street or CCC depending on the location we choose.

If you'll be out there or want to meet up, let me know.

Kurt

Rick, Pam,

Thanks for the responses. My usual fishing buddy is picking up his new PA saturday morning so we're planning on launching from CCC boat ramp Saturday around 11:30. We'll head up to Rocky Creek area and fish the incoming tide. I'm planning on being out there most of the day - maybe until dark/dark thrity.

If that sounds like a plan, or if anyone else wants to join in, we'd be more than happy to have you join.

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. High of 67 and supposedly an under 10 knt wind out of the north.

Kurt

It was a slow day for sure. We launched around noon, right at the bottom of the tide from CCC boat ramp. The action didn't pick up until about 4 pm once the tide was about 3/4 high. We concentrated mostly in the creek hitting the holes and oyster bars. I brought home an 18" trout for dinner so it wasn't all bad.

I love fishing Rocky Creek and the flats around it. It has been a very productive area for me plenty of times. I caught my PB redfish just north of the creek a while ago, this 36" pig

bigredfish.jpg

It's worth the trip, on a good tide.