Sign in to follow this  
jayfack27

Navionics Question

I have had it for over a year on my tablet. I can't live without it now lol .

On accuracy I would say I can get withing 10' of my desired location when I used my chart plotter .

Very accurate at speed too .

I have had it for over a year on my tablet. I can't live without it now lol .

On accuracy I would say I can get withing 10' of my desired location when I used my chart plotter .

Very accurate at speed too .

Would you feel comfortable marking a couple mile track on a nice calm low tide day, then completely relying on that track in the future under chop where you wouldn't be able to see rocks? Man today was so nice on my way to my spot, clear water and dead calm and low so I saw every rock sticking out. Then on the way back it was chop and I couldn't see crap. It was high tide and I just went for it but I hate doing that.

I have a Navionics chip that I use in my Lowrance HDS7. I also have an external attena that gives it the best accuracy possible.

With that being said I do not feel comfortable running at anytime in rocky areas. I swear rocks can move. :(

Would you feel comfortable marking a couple mile track on a nice calm low tide day, then completely relying on that track in the future under chop where you wouldn't be able to see rocks?

No.

I relied on it, made a mark on low tide that ran a few miles. Ran it about 14 times, never saw any rocks, then one day on low tide the track went right over 2 huge rocks. There's no way I would have missed these. Track had to of changed pretty bad.