Decided to get in some dock fishing Thursday night, despite the recent cold front.  Launched my yak at around 7pm.  Caught about 5 snook within the hour...and then the bite suddenly died.  Fished the rest of the night with nothing to show...not even a bite!  It's weird how the bite just suddenly dies. Still...with slow moving tides and a recent cold front, I didn't think I'd get the action I did. Left the water at about 10pm because my feet got too cold.  That's the one thing I dislike about yak fishing at night...launching the yak requires me to walk in the water, which leaves my feet cold the rest of the night!  Oh well...it was totally worth it. 

Winter snook fishing has been amazing for me.  I almost don't want spring and summer to arrive!  

All snook were caught on PaddlerZ.

post-218326-0-80783400-1422670981_thumb.jpg

post-218326-0-34899800-1422670988_thumb.jpg

Nice work T . You may want to invest in some lite waders for winter fishing at night. They will defiantly keep you warm and comfortable on the water at night. And yes, your feet will be dry and toasty .     Quality Snook by the way.

Did you beef up your combo ? (rod and reel)

Very nice snook, T.  Good choice of lure......Paddlerz are excellent.  When you launch do you go in very deep or just above your ankles?  You might want to think about the boots that only go halfway to your knees.......the kind that mates on head boats and farmers wear.  Most of them seem to be white. These are the ones I mean:  http://www.galeton.com/clothing/boots/rubber-boots/?adpos=1s3&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&gclid=CjwKEAiAjNemBRCgp_vymcvVym0SJACRp_UZvxdJs1XJooGB0lTn24vPOTcod4htUM35LcpKrJE_WhoCywPw_wcB

ICatcher, interesting point! I never considered going down and not being able to swim w waders.

Thanks for the suggestion, Barry! I might get me a pair of boots. I only go in ankle deep, so something like that should be fine :)

I wouldn't worry about the waders filling up.  That's primarily a rushing water issue (like streams and rivers) here in FL you'll be fine. Even then a wading belt will assist.

Here's a video that goes through the gamut of configurations.  If you want to skip most of the configs look at 6:00 and 8:35

http://youtu.be/OYwG52p4yjs

If you get sopping wet go home or risk hypothermia.