Sign in to follow this  
mxbeebop

Intresting Quote

I saw this quote by Bob LeMay it just says it all.

"Put simply, if you take up fly fishing it will be like learning to fish all over again.. When the conditions are right and the fish are shallow it will beat other methods (if you have the skill...), when the conditions are wrong it can be an exercise in frustration. Many take up the fly rod and quickly put it down. A few will find it's all they want to do as long as they live."

That's awesome man! Fly fishing has become a huge passion of mine over this past year and using a spinning rod just seems like cheating now. Haha. Learning the fly game over this last year has really made fishing fun again for me and I'm still learning each time I'm out.

Learning the basics all over again. I got a nice 7 wt Rod for Christmas, and now I need to find time and calm winds. My favorite fishing has always been cast and retrieve, and fly fishing takes that to a new level!

Winds- the story of my so far short fly fishing career LOL!! We have way more windy days than calm here in FL. Don't be affraid to learn that rod in all conditions. Fish eat in every condition.

Plus practicing fly in wind is well worth the effort! If you can still punch that line and make a good cast in the wind, a calm day will be a cake walk. Fly fishing seems to be growing massively in saltwater popularity, but it isn't easy at all. But yet it's the ultimate challenge IMO. Most people that get into it often give up shortly after cuz they aren't catching fish like they used to with arti.. But once you really become confident and get a few fish, it's that reward that is the payoff. I've caught far less fish on fly than spin, but I have more fun with fly... And skunk days don't matter as much honestly. Well they still suck!!! But it's not as bad LOL!

Thanks for the quote Chris!