Sign in to follow this  
mxbeebop

3-8-15 Utb

Spring is in the air, my allergies can attest to that, but id rather sneeze and catch big reds then breath and not . Upper slot reds are starting to school up and feed heavy out front. Had a rough start to the morning with a strong NE wind, we had almost giving up and starting breaking out the IPA's when the wind laid down around 1 PM, the incoming was late due to the wind, perfect timing and the fish turned on. We had a fun time and put a lot of lures in front of a lot of upper slot fish, caught some, lost a few donkeys and nada on the fly could have been the IPA's. :mellow:

x_zps1i5yyte1.jpg

Zyrtec at night and a spray of Nasacort in the morning my man and you'll be clear as our beautiful waters - I've been doing this for the past month and have not had any problems.

Nice Red and nothing wrong with a few IPAs!!!

Nice red bro! It still blows my mind that some reds (especially overslots) can be sooooo damn hard to get on fly! Have you tried getting off the boat and wading on fly? I've heard from a few reliable sources that it has been the ticket for them to eat fly.. I'm going to get wet next time out on the yak and see if it helps.

I've made some killer casts at some really good reds lately and they have even turned to chase or have a look and then bolt! Ugh bastards LOL.

If fly was easy everyone would be doing it I guess haha.

Phil~

I keep a pair of waders on my skiff and your right they can be affective. In this case it was a large school and in my experience large schools tend to spook easier versus small groups of fish, so we posted up and waited for them to come to us, we jumped several on jigs 20 ft from the skiff so I think they were game, it was I hate to say, user error. I'd blame it on my wife but she reads the forum, lol