andrew benak

31.25" Stud In Super Skinny Again

I feel like I am only on here posting videos but I try to get on as often as I can... I also get a lot of private messages so if anyone has questions please just keep messaging me as I get an email about it.  Sorry for not being too active but hope you all enjoy the video!

Super red!  Keep on posting those vids, Andrew.  We love 'em.

This is probably a dumb question but are there snook in your area or is it too far north for them?

There are snook, I have only came across juvi's.  There is the inlet up this way and I am sure they are around there.  Just never seen one in this back country yet.

Sweet man! Were you using the savage gear shrimp? And what would you say your catch ratio is when sight fishing? How many reds actually grab your lure when you present it to them? 

Really good question.

Hard to answer though ha.  There are a lot of factors in it.  I would say about 75-80% of the time though.  If you are throwing the right bait and they are feeding they will eat it. period.  

Factors are winter vs summer.  Winter time you better step down to 15lb flourocarbon and the smallest shrimp.  

Sometimes the redfish bust you and they are not really turning down the lure.. they just know it's not real lol.  

Sometimes its also a bad cast... maybe a little too close and they see the splash or hear the splash.  They may not spook but they are laughing at you for your mistake.  So many things play a part but if everything is good and perfect then I would say that 90-100% 

Good question though lol

Great video.. I have a Go Pro on my want list. Gotta love being able to make a quality video like that ANYWHERE. Thanks for Sharing!!

Andrew uses a couple WASP cams... Check them out! Quite a bit cheaper than GoPro with same quality and a few cool features GoPro doesn't have.

Nice video! What type of anchor pin is that you are using? I made one out of pvc and it works okay, I would just like something better. It looks like that one is flexible and it you can maneuver nicely with it.

Thanks