Sign in to follow this  
slq18

Bass Spots In The Bradenton Area?

Now that ward lake is shut down for remodeling, does anyone care to share a few spots around the area for bass to hold me over until ward reopens? Appreciate it!

yeah a couple of buddies said the same thing, wasnt to sure on just walking up to some random pond and getting the cops called on me. It is tempting though.

Thanks for the reply.

wasnt to sure on just walking up to some random pond and getting the cops called on me. It is tempting though.

Doesn't hurt to see what you see on GE and then go scout some nearby spots in person.  If there is not a sign saying "No Fishing" or "Private Property - No Trespassing" - then you can assume you are good unless someone tells you otherwise.  If there is no sign and some busybody calls the cops - they aren't going to do anything if its not posted that you can't be there - except perhaps tell you that you aren't supposed to be there if that's the case.  

A lot of little ponds and small lakes in FL (most probably) hold bass - and often times never even get fished.  I certainly wouldn't eat them - but they can be fun to hit for 1/2 hour near home and see if anything is biting.