Sign in to follow this  
phil030

Drunken Feather At Barfly Safety Harbor Winner!

Every first Wednesday of the month Barfly hosts a guest fly tier for the evening to teach a few flies and last night was Dustin Pack of Skinny Water Culture.

The event starts around 7 but usually it's more like 8 LOL. Alex, Adam, Ron, myself, and about 8-10 other local fly fisherman were on hand to have some fun!

Everyone sets up their vices at the table and joins in the step by step lesson and last night Dustin showed us a sweet baitfish pattern and later a real nice shrimp!

So the "table scrap tie off" of the Drunken Feather event is when about 5-6 different materials are randomly selected out of Jeff's (owner of Barfly) selection at the bar, and each peson has to use at least one part of each material to be included in his or her fly that will be judged! Trust me it can be tough to make chicken salad out of chicken shiz especially when there is a TEN minute time limit!!

Well last month the guest tier was Brad Lowman of Bill Jacksons and I ended up winning the top prize!! Yay me haha!!

But last night ron pulled off a sweet baitfish pattern and took top prize!!! He won a bunch of SWC swag and everyone walked away with plenty of swag from them as well. Congrats again bro! And great seeing everyone that was there! By the way it is free and some people even hang out and just watch the event with a cold beer in hand! So come on out for a fun evening next time! Great food too!!

Ron I will be back for revenge hahahhaha!

Here's a pic of Dustin, Ron, and Vince (owner of SWC)

post-169185-0-41146600-1428000071_thumb.jpg

By the way for those that may be interested in joining in on it, If you don't have a vice there is a couple at the bar that can be used as well as the other essentials needed for tying. Or like I said, just come on out and enjoy the evening.

Chris you would enjoy for sure! I will buy you a beer if that helps hahahaha!

By the way Barfly is hosting Iron Fly after the Fly fishing film tour on next Thursday!!! You should come out to the bar for that! It will be sick!!!!!

Chris you would enjoy for sure! I will buy you a beer if that helps hahahaha!

By the way Barfly is hosting Iron Fly after the Fly fishing film tour on next Thursday!!! You should come out to the bar for that! It will be sick!!!!!

Phil,

I'm going to hold you to that man! Thx for heads up I'll be there.

Well...Ken's been trying to talk me into getting a vice.  (He's a damn enabler...)

But picking up the NRX/Tibor here recently has me flying under the radar with the wife for a bit.

When she sees the credit card receipt I don't think, "But honey, I can hit a hoop at 70' now...and I love you!" is going to do me much good.

I may be sleeping with the rod at some point...*lol*