Sign in to follow this  
fordee9r

Eagle Point Park?

I came across Eagle Point Park while surfing the net. Since I'd never heard of it and it was close by, my wife drove me up there to check it out. They have a few fishing docks as well as a canoe kayak launch featuring an aluminum dock next to a kayak ramp. The launch area is close to the road so launching is easy.

My question is, has anyone put out from here and can you get to some good fishing spots?

9r It's not a bad launch, a little steep. There is some excellent fishing around the corner to the north,both in the bayou and on the gulf side in sand bay,a few feeder creeks that empty out and a few scattered ousters scattered throughout sand bay, Key is stealth the reds are VERY spooky here and a high tide is a must. Spring and late fall are the best here. During the summer Bull sharks come to spawn in Sand Bay.

Directly to the south is Gulf Harbors, Excellent fishing in the deeper channels with rocks, truth be known some canals hold keeper grouper ALL year.

Hope that heads you in the right direction.

Thanks, Ed. That's what I needed to know. Though I'm still not physically able to get on the water, it's not stopping me from making plans for the day I can.

Anyone have experience with the three fishing docks there?