Sign in to follow this  
flyingrooster

Super Stoked!

Well, I can say I did this being as budget friendly as possible, but it will get the job done! Minn kota 45 lb trolling motor will be here soon and I got a mount that will allow full deck space and still have my TM where it should be. Dock light snook, bridge tarpon, and big black drum beware, I'm officially ready!!! Well, as soon as motor gets here, lol

post-217822-0-58836400-1428967961_thumb.jpg

I will have to turn the head around. And battery location will be decided when the motor gets here and I can work it out from there. I mah end up moving the fuel to the back, and have the front as the battery area. I will see, I just don't want fuel and battery near each other

I must say dude, PLEASE be careful with that clamp on style mount! I have seen them come loose and fall over board! If it was a true parallel or equal width on each side it would be no real worries, but with the nose/bow going to a point, all it takes is one clamp coming loose and sliding forward and off she goes.

Boat vibrations while running, hitting waves, torque of TM will happen and clamps come loose

I would hate to see your excitement turn to pissed off sorrow!

I had that tm on my jon and it is heavy. It will slide up that board. I saw a guy, maybe on here, who made a mount and drilled out the circular area on the board so the clamps will stay inside the board so to speak. The top end needs to be tethered to the boat in some way like Barry said. Mount a cleat and secure the shaft with a rubber bungee cord.

Just a suggestion, but I would place the battery in the back. That battery will take a pounding in the front and can reduce the life of the battery.

I know, it won't take a swim, trust me, I won't risk my hard earned $ like that haha! the mount is checked daily, 4 hours of running and use, nothing has moved. It's also a temporary mount I honestly wasn't even going to put the TM on the bow until the last minute when I found the mount. The rubber stripping that runs the under side of my rolled edge locks the mount in place pretty securely. I grabbed the plate and hung my fat butt off of it and drug the boat/trailer around the yard with it. The TM is tied down to the plate with para chord.