Sign in to follow this  
mxbeebop

Great Price On Costa's

I'm always sketched out when i see quality sunglasses sold for so cheap.  costa is similar to yeti, you rarely find major discounts on them.  So to find them that cheap I'd say they are knockoffs or have crap lenses in costa frames

I'm always sketched out when i see quality sunglasses sold for so cheap.  costa is similar to yeti, you rarely find major discounts on them.  So to find them that cheap I'd say they are knockoffs or have crap lenses in costa frame

I think this place is legit I've bought fly rods and simms gear from them in the past no problems. But use your own judgement, I know you need some new shades to match that new skiff man.

thats good to hear that you've used the site before with no problems.  give it a shot and let us know!  killer deal if they are legit lenses.  I LOVE my costa 580g's.  best purchase I've ever made.  I recommend any boater to buy a pair of costas, not only for sight fishing (which is the best part), but also for safety in general.  Especially up here in the nature coast.  way too many rocks that can go unseen with crap sunglasses.  

what color do u have?  i have the green mirror which is like an amber lens i think.  works great in low light.  its funny ill have them on in my truck when its getting dark and forget i have them on.  they work great if its raining bad too you can see much better through the windshield. 

I won't leave the dock without my 580's I even carry a backup pair, I was hunting for a yellow lens for low light levels.

Has anyone tried the yellow polarized lens?

Ken (on this site) has a pair of the amber for low light and loves them! I love my 580g's for sure but am going to pick up some RCI optics very soon. I spoke to RCI in depth at the SWC tourney. He said "if you have the costa 580g lenses, to hold on to them cuz they have switched manufacturers and the quality is drastically downgraded".... Just a friendly FYI LOL

I have a set of Green/Amber 580G's and just purchased a new pair of prescription Green/Amber 580G's, man did that break the bank. FYI you can use your medical reimbursement account to buy them.

Anyways I was fooling around with my rose colored Maui's in the morning and I could see better early on. I gave Costa a ring and the Green/Amber 580G actually blocks a lot of light and they recommend gray or even yellow for lower light. I think this might help a bunch for tarpon season they are hard to spot in early to mid morning light in those water depths 5-10 feet or so, if I could get a hour or so of better site casting time it'd be worth the dough, especially with the short window you have before the jet skiers roll out of bed.

I have a set of Green/Amber 580G's and just purchased a new pair of prescription Green/Amber 580G's, man did that break the bank. FYI you can use your medical reimbursement account to buy them.

Anyways I was fooling around with my rose colored Maui's in the morning and I could see better early on. I gave Costa a ring and the Green/Amber 580G actually blocks a lot of light and they recommend gray or even yellow for lower light. I think this might help a bunch for tarpon season they are hard to spot in early to mid morning light in those water depths 5-10 feet or so, if I could get a hour or so of better site casting time it'd be worth the dough, especially with the short window you have before the jet skiers roll out of bed.

Yeah the green/ Amber is what I have and it is crap for low light stuff... Yellow or gray like you mentioned is the way to go for those scenarios... It's interesting that the RCI stuff has only like two color choices, but MAN they were sweet and could see the same if not better than costas no bs. No glass, just plastic... That's the only thing I don't like about the 580g's is the glass, it is heavy after a day on the water. Check them out Chris, I bet you would like them too! Same price point as costa roughly

Priced them today. WHOA!!!!!!!I live in my sunglasses down here but need to carry readers to tie knots, read etc. Now my distance vision is going. Going in for eye exam this week and gonna take the plunge. They strongly suggest the p's. They have 2 pair of g's that the glass has shattered after being dropped.

Priced them today. WHOA!!!!!!!I live in my sunglasses down here but need to carry readers to tie knots, read etc. Now my distance vision is going. Going in for eye exam this week and gonna take the plunge. They strongly suggest the p's. They have 2 pair of g's that the glass has shattered after being drop

Tell me about it, I think I paid $610 for the exam and the glasses. I do think it is worth it, I spend a tremendous amount of time sight fishing.

I'd really consider the P's having bought the Glass. These lens seem heavier then my non-prescriptions and you need to wear them daily for your eyes to adjust to the prescription. The weight might trump the extra bit of clarity of the glass, my understanding was the cost was about the same.

I got the Man O War frames and cant say enough about them.