phil030

More Ridiculous Activity In La...

nice video and nice reds! (sweet boat too!)

I agree! The Egret skiff is so sick!! But man you gotta bring the fat wallet to buy new, And are very rare to find used. Of course the reds are insane too LOL. Thanks

I bet the Fall spawn is off the chain up there. That may be the time to go?

I'm pretty certain that it's on fire year round. There are quite a few areas that some top guides only take fly anglers due to other trips that they guide, where a client may want to use bait or keep fish get pressured pretty hard. The guys I've spoken with say it is VERY common to have a 30 fish plus day on a fly rod and most fish are solid over slot and some areas hold over 40"ers. The last measurement I stated in the previous sentence is why I am going LOL.

But I'm sure the spawn is P nutty! Haha

The reason I love these types of videos is that I honestly can't figure out these big reds here. I've seen hundreds of near 40" reds and some over, but when it comes to fly it's a whole other ball game. So it keeps giving me hope that somewhere on this planet I can snag one of those big dogs and I'm certain the wherever I am when that happens, people will hear an odd noise in the distance.... Well it will be me yelling "HELL YEAH, FINALLY!!!!!! LOL.

Quite honestly prolly the worst video taker ever, but a tank 50"er in the goon. You can go ahead and skip to the last 2 minutes LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-Crxb_q_I

I don't know the Crazy Train sound track made me want to start a mosh pit in my office. 

I'd love to bring my skiff up for a week but that's a lot of brown water to figure out?

After this Poon migration I'm going to do what it takes between Aug and Oct to get a big breeder Red on fly, the Lagoon, Tarpon Key, LA whatever it takes!

Sweet video!! I'd love to get on LA reds! I wonder...what is it about LA reds that make them so much easier to catch than the ones here in the Tampa area?

Tons of food, and little pressure. We have food here but the Tampa Bay pressure is the worst I've ever seen in FL

Amen man, The beach was blown out Zero poons, so I threw some flies at a few Tarpon Key Reds. Those fish are battered, beaten, and locked up, I'll buy someone a cheese burger if you can catch one on a Fly.

Amen man, The beach was blown out Zero poons, so I threw some flies at a few Tarpon Key Reds. Those fish are battered, beaten, and locked up, I'll buy someone a cheese burger if you can catch one on a Fly.

Yeah man I've worked those damn huge schools there a few times and barely a follow on the fly. VERY frustrating to say the least... But I would happily eat a free cheeseburger if I do get one to eat there! LMAO!!