Sign in to follow this  
davec

Bass, Bass, And More Bass

Tide prediction for where I usually snook fish was atrocious so I figured I'd try for bass. Usually fish for bass primarily during the spawn but with the tide being lousy what the heck. Went to a local river I've been fishing for over 45 years.

As I was out there the memories from long ago trips came flooding in, fishing with old friends, my grandfather, my Dad, my son when he was small, etc. Then the bass started flooding in. They were biting better than they have in a long, long time in this river. Didn't catch any big ones but did get 3 or 4 that were around 3 pounds, 25 that were between 2 and 2.5. Most of the rest were about a pound with maybe 10 little bitty guys. Between 5:40 am and 1:30 pm caught at least 55. It was crazy. Longest strectch witout catching one was about 20 minutes. Caught 3 in the last 5 minutes I fished. All caught on small Rapalas and Senkos.

I usually catch a LOT of bass when they are in the prespawn/spawn/postspawn mode then again in the fall when they school up, but rarely do I get these numbers in June.

Who knows ?

They've been pretty plentiful in a local lake I dump the kayak in from time to time. The schools have slowed down some from what it was in April and May but the feeding frenzy's still take place.