no one seems to be posting any reports on here lol. Well luckily I've been catching a butt load of tarpon, all on land based structures. Although tarpon is not what I am targeting I shall show you my by catches. All these fish were either caught on doa shrimp rigged with a circle hook or a yozuri plug. Any tide works as long as it is moving. This was the other night. 3-9 on tarpon. 0-0 on Cobia, hopefully my luck changes soon. Btw these fish were caught on light tackle. 10lb braid 30lb mono leader. 2500ci4+ and a 7' custom medium sick rod.

post-168890-0-73291700-1435763164_thumb.jpg

post-168890-0-41087400-1435763176_thumb.jpg

Tight work dude! Catching poons as a bycatch is never a bad thing.

I know you're trying to target Cobia - you live in the New Port Richey area, right? When I was younger, we used to work the flats right there by the power plant, searching for rays to find the cobes. Have you had any luck doing that?

Nice tarpon! Are you sight fishing these cobia or just bridge fishing hoping a cobia will eat you lure?

I know it's hard from shore/land but I have a few spots that you can walk the seawall and sight fish some cobia. Keep after those cobia and you will have one soon.

We were in a boat, but you're a helluva a wade fisherman, so you should try it out. I know you know those flats all around Anclote can be really productive.

I'm still trying to get your by-catch to bite by this canal by my house......no luck so far and it's killing me!

We were in a boat, but you're a helluva a wade fisherman, so you should try it out. I know you know those flats all around Anclote can be really productive.

I'm still trying to get your by-catch to bite by this canal by my house......no luck so far and it's killing me!

Borrow a fly rod from Phil and throw some small flies at those guys. They will eat!

Ron, I need to have Phil come over again. Last time he was over, he said he would let me start practicing on one of his old set-ups. I have a nice back yard to start practicing the cast. I think about you boys when I see these poons, thinking to myself and wondering if they would just crush a fly.