Sign in to follow this  
arti-6

After Work Snookin

I decided to check up on one of my backcountry spots that I haven't fished in a long time to see if the snook were home. After weeding through a handful of small snook, I saw a good fish pushing a solid wake and dropped my fly leading the fish. A few strips later and it was game on! This fish put up an awesome fight on my 6wt and took me to the reel real quick. This fish ended up being a new PB for my 6wt. I didn't get a measurement bc I wanted to get the fish back in the water ASAP. Quick photo and release.

post-169871-0-77480800-1436815548_thumb.jpg

Here's a few baby poons I've been catching. All fish were safely released to fight another day.

post-169871-0-77863600-1436815642_thumb.jpgpost-169871-0-61093600-1436815687_thumb.jpg

Really Nice Fish!  Man, I hope I don't insult anyone else on here, but you may actually be the best inshore fisherman on this site...it seems like everytime I look up, you're pulling in some real quality fish, even when you're just casually clowning around.  Congrats!

Hahahaha Timmy!! I have asked him the same thing for a couple years now but no response other than fish in my face! I get to see reds tailing and poons rolling all the time while working but I can't cast to them cuz I "work" there... It's best to a sneak there... Hahahaha! Nice one Ron!