I don't post on here as much as I should but figured I would share the sick snook bite I've been on over the past 3 weeks fishing weedon island.

I've been getting out on my paddleboard, mostly on the weekends, and weather hasn't been much of a problem at all. The snook have been feeding heavily the last 2 hours of incoming and the first 2 hours of outgoing, which in some cases puts me on the water around 8 and off the water before noon and I can't complain about beating the dead heat of summer. I've been throwing all Monster3x baits rigged weedless so I don't get hung up in the mangroves,and the key for me has been fishing while the water is high and the fish are pushed way up into the mangroves hiding from the heat. I'm trying to skip my bait as deep as I can fishing every pocket that has a deep cut. A lot of my fish haven't even given me a chance to work my bait when I skip it far enough into the bushes, they hit it on the drop and that sometimes can be tough bc it can feel like I'm hung up. I've been having a lot of success and some big days with a few 20+ snook days mixed in and weedon is a tough place to have success like that due to the amount of people chumming with whitebait in that area. Not to bash on people who chum (I've done it before), there is just an added dose of adrenaline trying to rip a fish thats 15 feet deep in the mangroves. 

Even though the snook bite has been very consistent, the redfish haven't been shy either and I've been getting some nice slot fish mixed in with all the snook, with 1 bruiser red that snapped my hook in half. I've only been catching snook and reds though and haven't caught anything else which has been nice. Most of the snook have been in the mid 20s with a some good slot fish and a few over slots mixed in but a mid 20 snook always puts up a great fight deep in the mangroves. 

These are just pics of the all the quality fish I've been catching at weedon. I hope this report helps anyone who fishes weedon and tight lines to everyone.

post-218320-0-31807500-1436908994_thumb.jpg

post-218320-0-54995800-1436908998_thumb.jpg

post-218320-0-61220200-1436908999_thumb.jpg

post-218320-0-44304100-1436909004_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great report.  Good to see you on snook and reds.  Do you fish the inside or outside of Weedon?  Seems to me that outside would be a good ways on a paddleboard from Gandy Beach.

Thanks for the great report.  Good to see you on snook and reds.  Do you fish the inside or outside of Weedon?  Seems to me that outside would be a good ways on a paddleboard from Gandy Beach.

I have a spot in Shore Acres that I push off at so I can get inside Weedon a lot quicker. 

Good stuff, man! I've been to Weedon once, and the boat traffic was dense enough to keep me from coming back. Good to see you did well! I also launch my yak where you launch--great little secret spot!