jbdba01

Southshore Anglers Largest Redfish - 9/26

It's that time of year again. SSA's largest Redfish tournament with a golf cart give away. $25 entry fee for a $7K-$9K cart. Probably the best deal in town and certainly for a good cause.

More details as they come in.

Capture_zps1nfz2tbj.jpg

FYI...

To get ready for the Sept. 26th Longest Redfish Tournament, SSA will have The 2014 IFA Redfish Tour's winning team of Captain Rick Murphy & Captain Geoff Page. Rick is co-host of The Florida Insider Fishing Report and Geoff is the local insider. They'll help prepare anglers to compete for a 1st prize golf cart from Ron's Golf Carts. More importantly the proceeds go to Impact Academy, a special needs school in Seffner, FL. Equipment will be bought for the computer lab.

The meeting will start 9/10 at 7 pm in The Sunset Grill in Ruskin, FL. 

Thank-you, Stephen Hoffman, SSA Event Chairman

Guess what everybody, the meeting for tonight was canceled. Thanks for the heads up. LOL

You'll see that right above your thread there are a couple/few threads talking about the date changing. It was moved to 9/10.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

Rick and Geoffe were here for the Redfish tournament and that worked for their schedules.  I also received an email from Steve saying that it changed as well.  Are you on the email listing?

Regardless here's a link to the the video - it gets dark towards the end. 

Here's the pics of the cart that's being given away.  Street legal this year.

Golf cart photos...tough lighting conditions, but you get the idea. This is a 100% street legal cart.

Kudos to Ron's Carts

20150910_185628_zpsg2022maz.jpg  

20150910_185642_zpsl55m7hfm.jpg  

20150910_185606_zpsvcfy6n0e.jpg  

Weather looks pretty reasonable.  Weigh in is a good time as well.  Not sure of all the raffle items this year, but I know there are some.

Every year I tell the Hoff..."Might as well back that thing into my garage."  Every year I miss out.  

New tactics this year...fish big or go home.

From the Hoff

Winners: Kids Division

1st Place: Defending his title from last year, Hunter Koch with a 26 3/4" red. Hunter fished with his dad Randy and the rest of his family came from Largo to attend the weigh-in. His winnings included a $75 gift card from Southeastern Fishing Tackle and a night of bowling at The Alley.

2nd Place: Jordan Ridge took 2nd with a 20 3/4" red and took home a $50 Southeastern Fishing Tackle gift card and an evening of bowling for his family at The Alley.

3rd Place: James Pipher caught a 18" red fishing in his 1st SSA event and went home with a $25 Southeastern Fishing Tackle gift card and an evening of bowling for his family from The Alley.

Winners: Adult Division

1st Place: Tony Prevatt wins his 3rd SSA event and this is the 2nd time winning a Ron's Golf Cart. Tony caught a 32" red and is earning quite a reputation on The South Shore. 

2nd Place: Brittany Brethauer took 2nd with a 31" redfish wins a weekend at The Anna Maria Dream Inn. She fished with fiancé Tony (yes that Tony) and Uncle Chris Prevatt.

3rd Place: Gentlemen fishing on the same boat caught twin reds of 31". Tom Barker & Brandon Pocoli had their pictures checked one after the other and it was determined that each angler would win a Mike Anderson Edition Bull Bay Rod.

Another great event. Also my fiance's 1st tournament and only the 2nd redfish she has ever caught and landed her second. It was a tough bite all day but when they chewed they were big ones. A huge thank you to the SSA and Rons Golf carts. I will be selling the cart and now we will be going into our wedding debt free!