Sign in to follow this  
andys

Perch Fishing This Morning.

Went to Oxford again with My Daughter Margie. Caught some nice size white perch for Debby and family. They love perch on the grill. Well they have a lot of grilling to do now. Also caught four stripers/rockfish as we call them. All too small to keep. They have to be 20" to keep. One was close. I caught all fish on a little jig, like a crappie jig. I hope the rain has stopped for you all. Maybe now we get some fishing reports.

post-158239-0-67172300-1438886720_thumb.jpg

post-158239-0-05325600-1438886762_thumb.jpg

post-158239-0-99448600-1438886775_thumb.jpg

post-158239-0-50814200-1438886795_thumb.jpg

Nice report and nice catch.

Your reports bring back memories.  I lived in a little yellow duplex off the main road, right behind the firehouse there in Oxford 7 years ago.  Spent 10 months total on the Eastern shore.  That's where I got back into fishing after being away from it for over a decade, and it's where I first took up saltwater fishing.  I caught a bunch of those white perch from the ferry terminal.  I had no idea that they were so good to eat back then.  Even took my son fishing the first time up the road from there.  Good memories.

I never thought I would hear from anyone that knew about Oxford MD. It is a very nice little town, like at the end of the world. I checked the ferry pier yesterday, but the fishing was not good there. Have you been to that restaurant at end of road were the waterman dock their boats? How is the food? I haven't eat there yet. I'm such a nice guy, the people that live on the water let me fish off their piers. LOL!  Thanks!

Andy,

Yeah.  I know Oxford is really small and out of the way.  A really nice place though.  I moved there to work a job in Easton after separating from the Navy.  Honestly, I worked so much that I didn't see nearly enough of the area.  I had one shift that was 26 hours straight.  I didn't really know what I was doing back then either.  I was actually mostly fishing with night crawlers.  I fished that area mid-winter, and I never caught never caught any stripers either.  It looks like you've dialed them in.