Sign in to follow this  
jayfack27

Paddle Board Help

Im looking into getting a paddle board to fly fish from when I don't have time to take out the boat.  Ive been on one paddle board that wasn't very wide before and it was pretty unstable, so I know not all are really meant for fishing.  I want to be able to have my 35qt yeti on it to sit on too.  

Anyone know of some boards i should look for that won't break the bank?  I been finding a lot on craigslist but don't know what is good or stable.  

Id like to stay with the surfboard material boards since they are half the weight. That will probably be my backup choice though. Ive found a lot of used boards for decent prices but idk which are good for fishing

Look at BOTE Boards. I have a Bugslinger Edition, even though I don't fly fish, I plan to start soon. But as a fishing platform they're fantastic. I have a Yeti 35 that I bring on it plus the board comes rigged for the tackle rack that can hold all your gear, pole, etc. Couple the tackle rack with a tackleweb or two and you will be absolutely set. One of the best purchases I have made.

You can also look at water sports west in south pinellas. They have some new boards in the 7-800 dollar range.

But I would highly recommend going to a place that u can try them out first... That will help you search wisely on Craigslist etc.

And no, they are not cheap LOL

Right???? Overly expensive for what they are imo

yep thats pretty much what I'm thinking now.  Seems any board made for fishing is over 1k, and thats even used price.  Im going to keep looking though.