rkotinsky

Redfish Tailing In Tampa Bay - High Def. Eye Candy Pictures

I have been wanting to experience and capture this natural event for over 3 years.  On Tuesday night it finally all came together - timing, equipment, experience and discipline to not fish first.  Prints available if interested, all pictures shot with Canon 60D DSLR - 5K images over 18 Mega Pixels.

img5256.jpeg

img52966.jpeg

img5430.jpeg

img52972.jpeg

Those are awesome shots!  I got to see the reds tailing last night on the low tide.  Unfortunately the lightning decided to roll in after I got only 2 fish and I had to haul ass back to the ramp almost as soon as they appeared.  They were completely oblivious with their tails up, one school came within 6 or 7 feet of my kayak but I dont have the discipline to reach for a camera instead of my pole :)

Ron, the cover of the book Skinny I wrote with the late Captain Mel Berman had the best redfish tail images I had ever seen. They are still at the top.

But so are yours.

They were shot by a man named Sam Root. And Sam's images are like no others. Sam gave me and Mel those images, and to this day the cover is the finest fishing book cover out there.

You are seriously good. I think you know Alex Burnett, right? Alex is good too. I consider myself mediocre.

True creative talent is required to shoot stuff like this man. It is not technical knowledge, although that is so critical people have no idea at all. They really do not. But the technical knowledge or the speed or the pixel depth do not put your eye through that lens. Only your creative gene puts that vision onto that chip.

You do a lot around here and are a really valued resource to this site. But I am not saying this stuff to stroke you, because I am not into stroking people unless they are really worth it.

Beautiful images. really beautiful.

Wanna write a story about your cameras or shooting or something optical?

Ron, the cover of the book Skinny I wrote with the late Captain Mel Berman had the best redfish tail images I had ever seen. They are still at the top.

But so are yours.

They were shot by a man named Sam Root. And Sam's images are like no others. Sam gave me and Mel those images, and to this day the cover is the finest fishing book cover out there.

You are seriously good. I think you know Alex Burnett, right? Alex is good too. I consider myself mediocre.

True creative talent is required to shoot stuff like this man. It is not technical knowledge, although that is so critical people have no idea at all. They really do not. But the technical knowledge or the speed or the pixel depth do not put your eye through that lens. Only your creative gene puts that vision onto that chip.

You do a lot around here and are a really valued resource to this site. But I am not saying this stuff to stroke you, because I am not into stroking people unless they are really worth it.

Beautiful images. really beautiful.

Wanna write a story about your cameras or shooting or something optical?

Wow thank you so much Gary, at a loss for words.  Let me simply say yes.

Ron, you're as good a photographer as you are an angler.  I don't comment much but usually it's when I read your posts.  The fact that you provide us with breath - taking photos along with the fish you catch is a credit to your skillset.  Thank you for always sharing.