fishinchick

Channel Markers And Google Earth

Does anyone know if there is a way to locate channel markers on Google Earth?  I see them on local topography / hot spot maps but I would like to locate them on Google Earth.  I'd be kinda nice to see on Google Earth a general birds-eye view of a channel marker that someone mentions in conversation.  Just wondering....

D, there is only one why I know how to get them on GE. That would be to transfer them from a topo map onto your GE using placemarks with the associated numbers for each marker.

Kind of a pain, but would be good for an area you fish often for reference points.  

Open a web browser and navigate to http://atoll.floridamarine.org/QuickMaps/QM_ncharts.html

You will find a rather long list of nautical charts.

Select the chart name and download the chart you would like to overlay in Google Earth. 

After it is completely downloaded, double click on the downloaded file and it will open in Google Earth. Google earth should be closed before you do this.

You can see the file in Temporary Places. You'll need to experiment a bit with the attitude and zoom level to view the chart properly. 

Good luck.

I'm using Windows 7 on a laptop and I sent Google Earth a feedback message.  It's probably an option that I just don't know about but Mark, your link is great, it's the closest I've seen to what I'm trying to accomplish.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  Thank You.  I saved that link to My Favorites!  Much appreciated  :)