Sign in to follow this  
preacher2go

Going Wading This Morning...brrr!

Hit Anclote at power plant from 7:00-9:00 am. Super low tide, so wading was not an issue, and sun with no wind made it comfortable. Lots of bait and mullet activity. Did not see a trout caught. Managed a dozen and a half mangrove snapper runts, all were 8-1/2" - 9-1/2".

Well you can probably thank yourself for keeping everything you catch. I know you don't care about what I'm saying due to our private messages, but congrats on saying exactly where you fish and keeping all you catch. Looks like my advice showed true.

Gee, Phil, I don't know what you are talking about. I kept exactly zero fish. That would be illegal and unsportsmanlike. Anclote power plant is no secret, and sharing that I went there on a cold day in January is not revealing a honey hole. Just sayin'.

As I write this I have some fish from December in the smoker for my family 's dinner. I am blessed to live in a place that allows reasonable slots and limits so I can feed my family even after being skunked for 4 or 5 weeks. The last limit I was fortunate enough to get was about 1 year ago.

The last few reports you have posted have been "no fish" "can't find fish"... Again- if you respect the areas you like to go catch fish, perhaps let them go so you can get them again when you really need them.. And yes you talk about your spots to the tee every time... I wonder how many others that see that info go there and catch and keep the fish you are looking for? That power plant ain't that great, and there's trout alllllll over the entire bay, just help yourself and keep the details to yourself. Friendly advice.