jayfack27

Tm/ff Installation

Does anyone know of a place relatively local to bradenton/sarasota that may give discounted installation if i buy a trolling motor, and fish finder off them?  It may be wishful thinking, but if i drop the couple grand on the new ulterra, plus a new humminbird, i figure id be able to get a better price than normal hourly labor on an install.  It is pretty simple to install i know, but i really don't have the place to work on my boat since i keep it at someones house.  Or if anyone on here is local and wouldn't mind helping out for some cash let me know!  I was quoted $400 to just install the TM on the phone... that seemed really high since its just one plug in which is already on the bow, and mounting a new quick release plate... 

That does sound a bit high.  I bought a Riptide SP from Hoppy's Marine in Haines City.  I did not get the i-Pilot link, but they removed my old one and installed the new one for $200.00.  They did  a good job and even patched the holes from the old Motorguide bracket.  I know that is too far for you to drive, but maybe it will give you a point of reference for the price.  You are going to love the i-pilot!

Yeah just ordered the ulterra, and might be going with the simrad go7 xse when it comes out March 7 so I can use Florida marine tracks.

Shop prices for install seem kind of rediculous to me being its literally 4 holes for the tm mount and it's already wired up to the bow. I might just do it myself, but will have to do it outside somewhere since I don't have anywhere to work on it. But if anyone wants to help out and make a few bucks and maybe a fishing trip let me know! Would definitely be awesome having someone there who has done one. I'm also going to be doing a maintenance kit on my motor, so plugs impeller zincs and oil.