Sign in to follow this  
cwegescheide

Close To 40 Snook On Topwater Saturday. Crazy

Saturday was one of the craziest days I have ever had.   I couldn't believe how active they were.  Nothing of any real size to it, a lot of dinks, a few that got the drag screamin but it was still fun.   I had a few things working in my favor. 

Its finally cooling down a bit and Saturday was ideal.  I was on the water ALL day.  You know when you have one of those days you cant cast worth a crap?   Well this wasn't one of them.   I was really making some ridiculous casts, the lure was landing right where I wanted.  Just a few inches from the groves, in little nooks, under overhangs, I was hitting a lot of them and it was those casts that paid off.   Yeah I was climbing in the bushes quite a few times to retrieve my lure as well.  The kayak looked like a salad when I was finally done for the day.   The current was really moving too.  I worked outgoing as well as incoming and the tide was great.  

I found a few schools of decent size, nothing photo worthy, most were small but it was still fun.  It was fun out there with soo much activity.  The heat of the summer was getting to me.  

Cheers!    

When I first saw the headline - I thought you caught a 39 1/2" snook - LOL

Catching a bunch of smaller ones on topwater is a lot of fun.

Good to see a report from you Chris. I will be glad when it cools off for real soon so we can go out during the day and be comfortable again.