colibri2

Help: Wade-Fishing Near Tpa Airport?

Hi all. I need your help/suggestions. I usually fish Venice, Manasota and, when I'm taking someone to/from TPA, I fish near the I-275 North Rest Area, either side, depending on the wind. BUT, this time, on Thursday, 10/13, I'm dropping one friend at TPA in the early morning, and picking up another friend in the early afternoon! I REALLY don't want to drive 1/2 hour each way to/from the I-275 North Rest Area...that's 1 hour of fishing!

So, my question is: Where is a decent spot to wade-fish, in greater Tampa Bay, that is relatively close to TPA? It seems there are some parks/spots along the Courtney Campbell Causeway????

I REALLY appreciate your help on this!

Augiford! You da MAN!!!! I went to Cypress Pt Pk. Got there at 7:00AM, in the water by 7:10. Left at 11:30AM. 30+, yes THIRTY-PLUS!!!! trout..from 10" to 22"! About a 50/50 split between a Suspending Mirro-lure in White (looks like Sardine) and a Zara Spook, jr in the Glow color.  I also got a bunch of Lizardfish and Puffers, mostly on the Mirro-lure. Next time I have a TPA runm, I am DEFINATELY going there!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I was there, again, on Thursday, 10/27. 8:00AM-11:15AM, low, then incoming tide. Using Zara Spook, Jr. in the Glow color, and/or White Mirrolure Suspending Twitchbait, 10 lb Yellow PP w/ 40 lb mono leader. 9 Trout (13'-20"), a 24" Mackerel that hit the Spook, several Ladyfish and a few Puffers. As "Ahh-nold" says, "I'll be bahk!"

I will be there tomorrow, Tuesday, 11/1, at about 8:30-8:45AM. Dropping a buddy off at TPA then heading over. My blue minivan will be in the lot, I'll have my Fishin' Buddy (blaze orange caddy) towing behind me out there wade-fishing.